HEDD Audio HEDDphone - Official Thread

@Rayzilla Many thanks for sharing this information.

2 Likes

You’re welcome. And let me know if I steered you in the right or wrong direction. But at least it’s low risk financially and totally reversable if you keep the paper attached to the adhesive.

Oh… And just remember that you have it on your head after you take off the Hp. There have been a couple of occasions where I didn’t know it was still on my head when I went to talk with my wife. She already thinks that I look goofy with all of my headphones, so you can imagine what she thought when I had nothing but that pad on the top of my head. LOL

Regarding portable cases, I have one of those Hippo cases that is very portable but the cable has to be removed and it’s a pretty tight/snug fit but it does the job. Nothing at all like the Pelican cases though. I’ll post some pics up later.

I have ordered the headband pad and will surely share my experiences once I receive the same.

Thank you :+1:for the tip on checking for the pad on the head once the HP are off. :grin: and for the suggestion on the Hippo case. Looking forward to seeing some photos.

3 Likes

Ok another make you smile BIG experience:

Way back when CDs were first coming out there were several folks making the best DDD cds they could.

Hard to find stuff now in the original cd format but I have tons of these…one this am is:

Discogs

Flim & The BB’s - Big Notes

Label: DMP - CD-454 • Format: CD Album • Country: US • Genre: Jazz • Style: Smooth Jazz, Fusion, Easy Listening

The selection is BIG NOTES…crank this puppy up and be prepared for a dynamic explosion of drums etc…holy crap amazing…

The HEDDS have no problem reproducing the stattaco drum hits superbly…

Alex

5 Likes

Found this…pretty similar curve:

2 Likes

Sorry about the delay. This is the Hippocase I mentioned the other day. That’s the FiiO M5 for scale.

5 Likes

4 Likes

It’s a nice snug fit. As I mentioned, the cable would need to be disconnected for packing.

8 Likes

Looks like a nice practical case. Thanks for sharing the snaps.

2 Likes

You’re welcome.

Sometimes you don’t really need to buy new things, although buying new stuff is always more fun but I had this Hippocase back from the HD800 days and the headband pad from the original Abyss. So it’s a bonus when these things get new life.

This Hippocase works well for those days when you need to carry a few other things with you but you don’t want your hands to be occupied. This Hippocase can fit in my backpack and still have room to carry other things, such as a MacBook and some snacks. This leaves my hands free to manage a dap and portable headphones.

3 Likes

Whats the cable…

@MartinTransporter you see this case up above ? looks like a decent option for the HEDDPhones

2 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks, Alex. Interesting comparison. The deltas start showing up around 5K on up.

I would heartily agree that the SR-007 is more neutral sounding over the SR-009.

Hi Keith!!

I thought that was YOU!!..from the audiocircle!!

Welcome. like the SSN685…I volunteer for BB55 USS North Carolina as a Fire Control Docent…

Spending hours on end with these HEDDs…heavy as they are…just wonderful…once a week I put on the Clears my favorite all time dynamic headphone and both are wonderful, but the HEDDs just have that strange magic that I have always looked for in headphones…

2 Likes

Hi Alex,

Yes, took your advice to sign up on the site. It seems like a good place to share and exchange ideas.

Sounds like you are a really big fan of the HEDDphones. Perhaps one day I can listen to them.

Cheers,

Keith

4 Likes

Yup they are pretty neat cans, HEAVY yes!..and some have issues with this, lucky for me its not an issue…wear them for 3-4+ hours a day for a week now…quite used to them.

They might be working on a lighter version with so many folks wanting the sound less the weight. Dont know if thats possible without changing the sound we are experiencing with these…

Folks comparing to LCD 4’s…which are slightly heavier…so IMO this is a good thing especially at the price point…

When you get your new stuff, start a thread on it and share your experiences!

Alex

3 Likes

Wow!! Another sonic explosion!!

Was typing a reply and Joe Satriani came on loud and clear with “Time Machine” from his Electric Anthology…

The first few seconds was startling to say the least…shocking, loud, grab the volume knob and turn it down…then replay it several times and smile alot!!

High Energy to say the least!

5 Likes

Yes, I did recognize it. Thank you Tyler, for thinking of me!

3 Likes

Not sure they could make the HEDD driver lighter. Seems like a tall order.

Will do. The only item on the list currently is the kludge headphone amp once my buddy finishes it.

Cheers,

Keith

2 Likes