Hifiman HE6Se V2

I only EQ from my macbook. And I don’t like the results. There is no system wide option on iPhone that I know of.

Here is my current chain with HE6SE v2

PC/Chromecast to Schiit Bifrost 2 DAC then to Feliks Elise MK2 as a preamp to the Parasound ZAMP V3 rev 2 to HE6SE
or - direct Bifrost 2 to passive preamp knob to ZAMP to HE6SE

20210207_203832.jpg 20210207_141805.jpg

I made a DIY Speaker Tap before as a test, but then I bought these two things and put it together and it works well:

1612803510299.png

20210206_181714.jpg20210206_182012.jpg

12 Likes

What replacement cables you like for these!? Lol I can’t stand to look at these Hifiman cables any longer :wink:

I’m using my black dragon cable I got with my Arya but really any of the compatible Focal or Hifiman cables are better than the weird/gross one that came with these. Honestly it annoys me quite a bit… who at HFM looked at those cables and said “oh yeah, those are perfect” :+1: !!! They should be fired. They really have to be seen (and felt) to be believed as to how incredibly terrible they are. On the bright side… if you ever severe an artery or cut off a limb , I’m sure it would make an excellent tourniquet.

4 Likes

I really want to change the headband but only if it’s a matter of unscrewing the old and attaching a new one. I don’t really want to mess with boreing out a new hole if that’s what’s required. Any suggestions? Pad suggestions would be great too. I swapped the ones from my 4xx and they’re not much better, less itchy but not really more comfortable. Sonically I can’t tell a difference.

I was going to try to swap to the Audeze headband, but despite having them in-stock and despite a dealer taking my money for it, they refused to fill the order claiming headphone customers get first priority. I’m not sure what that actually means, but after nearly 6 weeks and no communication, I cancelled my order.

2 Likes

Just finished speaker tap to XLR cable setup. Came out really nice!

7 Likes

That’s weird. I was looking at the Audeze headband on their site but it doesn’t look like it comes with the yoke. Just the suspension strap… don’t see anyplace to get the whole assembly.

There’s this Hybrid headband from HFM. Anyone know if that works without drilling and such?
https://store.hifiman.com/index.php/hybrid-headband.html

Neat little hack for the HFM headband, you can buy a HE-35X straight from Drop and get the headband and a bunch of spare parts and graphite cups (the headphone itself is terrible).

1 Like

I’m personally not a fan of the hybrid headband. Because it doesn’t swivel it puts pressure on my temples. Some people like them though.

1 Like

Does anyone have one of the MrSpeakers Ether headbands that they could measure? It seems like it has potential as a replacement headband and might be cheaper than the Audeze.

oh dang you canceled it? my order is still active and waiting…

Yeah, I’m really big on service and is this case both the dealer and Audeze didn’t leave a good impression with me so I cancelled. I’ll probably try for it again in the future though, just maybe through other avenues.

The new stock headband on the v2 seems to be softening up a bit over time and is becoming quite comfortable, so I might just stick with it.

2 Likes

New camera and probably the first non-potato pic I’ve ever taken.

14 Likes

Looks good👍 What pads are you using?

ZMF Auteur Solid Hybrids. Out of the 5-6 pads I’ve tried, I liked these the best by a mile.

1 Like

I was just about to ask what pads you guys prefer cause I want purchase some. Stock pads ain’t bad, but I’m trying to get a pair that is at least a little bit thicker to increase the clamping force

I was going to ask about the dekoni, they are on sale currently on drop. But I can do ZMF if it’s good. Anything with what I requested thick without pillaging the sound?

Or are the ZMF pads thicker than the stock ones?

2 Likes

The ZMF Auteur pads are quite a bit thicker and much larger overall than the stock pads. They really help smooth out some of the perceived harshness or incisiveness while greatly expanding the stage. It’s not a subtle change and the tradeoffs are almost 100% in the positive direction. And of course, they are extremely comfortable, at least to me.

The only real issue is they are a pain to fit into the mounting rings and install because of how large they are, but it’s well worth it.

1 Like

Hey everyone. New to this, but I recently got these pair about 3 weeks ago and am enjoying them off Topping D10s and Topping L30. But I AM curious about how these would sound if fed with enough power, so I am in the market for a cheap ($100 max) amplifier.

I recently came across a brandless amplifier that utilizes the TPA3255 Chip that delivers a maximum power of 300W per channel. Would that work okay with my current setup if I use the Topping L30 as pre-amp and a HiFiMAN HE Adapter? Or is 300W too much?

Additionally, would the amplifier through the HE Adapter blow up my Sundaras if I ever decide to try it out?

1 Like

Unfortunately any $100 amplifier will not drive the he6se to it’s full potential. You can try looking at old speaker amplifiers if you want to try to power them if you’re on a budget.

2 Likes