Hifiman Sundara Open-Back Planar Magnetic Headphones - Official Thread

Just wanted to post my Sundara measurements here:

This is just vs the Harman Hybrid for now. I may add others to this so you can see how it looks with different target curves. So just in case there was any concern about bass roll-off and upper midrange shout, if you end up getting one that measures like this, you should be happy. The bass only really drops off below 30hz, which gets close to the limits of human hearing. This is nearly a perfect FR to my ear - or at least the general balance is excellent. Keep in mind these are small intervals (1 line = 1dB), so the slight deviations you see here aren’t all that noticeable.

One thing to note, I found that the left side measurement looks a bit less emphasized around 4-5khz than the right side. But I think that’s to do with the slight differences in fit between left and right pinna, because when I switched it around onto the right side of the cup it also didn’t show the 4-5khz bump. I’ll do some more investigating to make sure this is a repeatable thing and update the measurements if I find anything to indicate otherwise.

8 Likes