Hifiman Sundara Open-Back Planar Magnetic Headphones - Official Thread

Great review @reallyoldcob.

1 Like

All new Sundara’s purchased around this time (February 2021) should ship with pads that measure similar to Resolve’s most current post correct?

1 Like

Correct. The pads have changed in late 2019/early 2020 and they are expected to measure like this.
Also pads bought from dealers as spare should be the same.
Check @Resolve video posted last week on YouTube channel for details.

3 Likes

Hello.
Feb 20, 2021.
I’ve been using Sonimus SoEQ with Audirvana and I must say I love it and it’s a free plug-in. Is the one you’re using similar. Sorry, I forgot the name and can’t go back until I post.
TIA,
Vac

1 Like

CanOpener. Is that It?
Thanks

May I please ask a question concerning Sundara’s?
There’s an eBay seller by the name of HIFIMAN OFFICIAL out of NY State. Would anyone here know if this seller is affiliated with Hifiman.com?
Why? Because on eBay PayPal 12 month-interest-free-payments can be used. On other sites it’s only 6-months.

Thank you.
Vac

1 Like

In doubt if no one has infos about it contact HiFiman customer service and ask directly to them:
customerservice@hifiman.com
With Ebay always worth asking and checking.
Enjoy

1 Like

Is this the Official Store you mentioned upon?

1 Like

Yes,
I did ask them first.
Thanks

2 Likes

Yes,
That’s the one I was referring to.
Thanks

2 Likes

No problem. Better check.

1 Like

Here’s Hifiman.com’s reply:
Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us. The store “hifimanofficial” on eBay is our only official store on eBay, so don’t worry. Purchasing from any of our official online stores are all the same.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Jane

2 Likes

Always great customer service from HiFiMan.
Worth asking.

Could I ask for some cable recommendations?

Balanced and unbalanced…
If Balanced would an XLR Adapter be necessary?
How about the 4-pin connectors?

TIA
Vac

Periapt makes a very reasonable, high quality cable. I’ve been happy with the one for the Sundara, also for AKG. You can choose your own termination for it.

1 Like

Thanks.
How about Audiophile Ninja?

1 Like

Which set will be compatible?
Thanks guys

2 Likes

Here’s a Spotify playlist of songs that I think sound particularly badass on the Sundara.

I’ll be adding music to this periodically. Feel free to send me suggestions :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

That’s pretty cool that you could send a playlist. Got 30 mins of uninterrupted listening. Only used about 1 minute though.

I thought by now someone would have posted a reply to my cable question. It’s ok. Just got my Sundara’s and I’m not impressed. No soundstage and no imaging. Ok. Been burning them in… so far 30 hours. Hifiman recommends 150 hrs.
Active experience this?
Thanks

1 Like