Hifiman vs beyerdynamic

Hey! I need your advice, I want to replace my simple headphones from Audio-technica with better ones, having searched the Internet, I found a cool model from Beyerdynamic 1990 pro and I also saw headphones from Hifiman Sundara, I found their comparison, but there they write that they are generally similar, but the difference in price is 2 times, what would you advise?

1 Like

With Sundara you’ll have a very balanced headphone that will suit for a large range of musical genres. I wouldn’t recommend 1990 generally for its treble pronounced except if you’re after an headphone for gaming only, one and single case they would be preferable to Hifiman. For the money Sundara are among the best headphones you can buy in my experience. I hope this helps

11 Likes

Couldn’t agree more.

8 Likes

I am thirding the sundara. For over ears they are the best bang for your buck.

Are iems off the table?

6 Likes

I am also in the camp of recommending Sundara over DT1990 Pro.

I actually own the DT1990 Pro and don’t own the Sundara (I did review it a while back). The reason I don’t own the Sundara is because I have the Ananda, not because I don’t like the Sundara.

I actually like the DT1990 for specific things (and I also added the foam mod to reduce the peak) but for general use, I would certainly opt for the Sundara over it.

10 Likes

Sundara!
Everyone should own the Sundara.

4 Likes

For price/sound quality definitely yes.

2 Likes

Thank u all! Already ordered, waiting for delivery.
My wallet thanks you even more!!! :wink:

3 Likes