IEMs Discovery & General Discussion

I bought all six sizes of xelastec and all six work at different depths on the dusk for me. But they are not as wide bore and will likely enhance bass a bit because of that.

@Panzer_Applehusky , after much dismay with tips on the B2 (Dusk) over the last mont or so, with many filters being ripped off in the process, I have finally found peace with the Spinfit CP155.

I do prefer the Xelastec (not just on the B2) but they need a lot of care and each time they are removed from the B2, they take the filters with them :unamused:

The Spinfits are very close in sound and do not need as much pampering.

3 Likes

Leave them off. I found they sometimes mess with the sound anyway.

@Panzer_Applehusky the earfit fit and sound great. These are the longer light in the largest size they offer. Pictured below.

The xelastec are medium small and are impossible to keep clean. Pictured below. Xelastec being the clear(ish) ones.

The xelastec seemed a bit bassier with the earfit being a bit more treble focused.

cp155 sound tinny to me, but it’s probably a fit thing. (Yes, I did just put them all on to try them)

Not the best idea with the B2 tubes and set up. Over time, particles of dry (and wet) earwax will build up inside them and will mess with the tuning more than the filters do (which I haven’t noticed a difference with them on or off).

1 Like

I clean them pretty carefully. But even getting one of the tighter fitting tips on tends to dislodge the filter for me (probably creating the sound issues). Dropped them a long time ago.

Some tips have a built in filter (some comply foam models). I would use those if I had a lot of wax build up issues.

I second the recommendation for AZLA Senda Lights for the Blessing 2; they’re my favorite tips with that earphone. I also got tired of replacing the filters and just leave them off now, for what it’s worth.

2 Likes

Anyone got one of those IEM vacuums?

Oh? DD driver stuck or just for cleaning ?

Just for cleaning purposes. Keep them minty fresh

I just brush mine at night before bed with toothpaste :rofl:

1 Like

You can always DIY an eartip. Take a trip to an aquarium store and a hardware store. Aquarium tubing comes in various sizes and flexibilities. Foam earplugs can be easily drilled or shaped with a Dremel or even an awl. For years my go-to eartips were all DIY. Then I found eartips on Amazon…

2 Likes

I am in need of some eartip recommendations:

With my IE300s I’ve tried all the stock tips (foam and silicone), some RHA tips, medium Spinfits, and Final ear tips (type E). My left ear is fine with all of them in terms of comfort, but my right ear always hurts.

With the foam tips (even the smallest ones), I could feel a painful pressure in my right ear. Just enough that it felt like it was stretching my skin out rather than just filling up space. Most of the silicone tips seem comfortable at first, but they all get painful after a few hours.

The pain is mostly on the Tragus. The IE300s don’t really touch it, so I don’t think it’s the IEM body.

If anyone has recommendations or advice, I’d really appreciate it.

EDIT: Currently, the ear tips on my list are: Comply Isolation, Dekoni, and Xelastic. Would you guys recommend any of those in this situation?

1 Like

I received the Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk yesterday and am currently evaluating it to see if I prefer it or the og B2.

One thing that I noticed with the B2 and the B2 dusk is the poorly designed filters. I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation so I don’t have to worry about debris ending up inside the IEM’s, but also don’t have to worry about a filter falling off (possibly inside my ear).

2 Likes

I noticed that the filters applied by Moondrop came off much more easy then the ones I applied myself. Maybe just pay more attention when you apply them than the people at the factory? The ones I applied myself haven’t come off yet.

That’s good to know.

I’ll try those and see how they work.

I have tried just about everything you mentioned. The xelastec struggle on my zen because the zen are small/light enough to be pushed out by the tip (ie300 may have that issue as well). Otherwise, xelastec are amazing. And they work really well on my b2 dusk. Probably should try them.

spinfit cp100 and cp145 are what work best for me as a blend of comfort, sound and long term use. But, my allergies are kicking up which makes it hard to listen to IEMs at all. Hence why I started up with over ears again.

The cp145 in particular have a slight “bullet” shape and I find that helps a lot. A narrower top prevents the tip from getting as irritating I think. Oddly, I find larger sizes that sit a bit farther out on the ear help a lot as well. So try many more sizes as well.

2 Likes

Thank you for the recommendations!

I just put in an order for the CP145, they look promising. Might try the Xelastic if those don’t work.

One thing I’ve been thinking might be significant is the mold lines most silicone tips have around their midsection, could be putting sharp pressure in the wrong places. From pictures it looks like the CP145 are uniformly smooth, is that the case?

1 Like

Yep, pretty much smooth. For me, edges (like double or triple flanges) feel like fire after a short time.

Dekoni foam was better than comply for me. But they make noise if you move. The dekoni settle faster but not fast enough.

The round blueish ones that come with the dunu zen are also excellent. I don’t know what they are or how to get them separately.

Symbio W work pretty well, but are more size sensitive.

I have tried a lot of tips.

1 Like

Empire Ears Odin for me. If you like a perfectly balanced overall sound signature.

1 Like

Whelp, I’m about ready to declare a winner for the B2/B2D eartips.

I’ve been using the medium default tips that came with my ~2014 Skullcandy Ink’d that I had ordered a few months ago just to see how bad my first daily drivers were…

I’m not sure if it’s because wearing them so much when I was growing up molded my ear canal with a big skullcandy imprint, or if they have special comfort juice impregnated into the material, but the B2 and B2 Dusk are the most comfortable IEM’s I’ve ever worn, as long as I’m using the Skullcandy tips.

Tried a ton of other tips too. Spinfits, Final audio, was considering the Sedna, but I may just pivot and try the tips off a newer model skullcandy IEM to make sure they still make something that will work.

IEM’s are weird xD

As for the B2 vs B2 Dusk, for those wondering, I’m going to keep the B2 Dusk and return the B2.

They’re both great, but I prefer the warmer presentation of the Dusk, and it just seems more special.

6 Likes