iFi Audio Nano iDSD Black Label - Official Thread

It’s what certain headphones do to your ears… the good ones anyway :wink:

3 Likes

I made up NiBL in my review of the Nano iDSD Black Label lol, and I think enough people liked it that they created a link for it after it was used enough ha! It’s pronounced “nibble” :wink: if it wasn’t apparent =) which is appropriate due to its size in comparison to the bigger micro iDSD Black Label (or MiBL :laughing:).

5 Likes

How is that MiBL? I have a NAD dac/amp that’s equipped with a Burr Brown chip, and it’s buttery smooth.

Hmm…are you asking how I like this AIO? Or how I got the Acronym MiBL?

I currently keep the NiBL on me (in my backpack) everyday, I also am a fan of the Burr brown DAC! Very smooth and an enjoyable listen :smile: this should answer the first interpretation of the ? Even though they are different amps the DACs are similar enough for me to be comfortable lumping the two devices together here. I believe the MiBL has more power output potential as the defining feature…but being lazy and not confirming on the “internet’s” :wink:

If asking about the acronym: Micro(M) iDSD(i) Black(B) Label(L) :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, I meant the sound. :laughing:
I just love the tiny form factor of these Dragonfly units. Damn choices… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

For me, price to function and enjoyment of a thing, the NiBL wins over the Dragonflies. But I can understand the desire for a small form factor DAC…but once again for me the NiBL is small enough to not be a factor in my use case. If using my phone I’ll just go with the Razer USB-C THX DAC dongle with iFi iEmatch and my Andromeda’s. But if at my desk or traveling I would use the NiBL. But in full transparency I now use the Cayin N6ii for both use cases…unless I just want to stream on the go, then it will be the phone Razer dongle - iFi - Andromeda’s combo.

I did a review and so has @Torq on the Nano here: iFi Audio Nano iDSD Black Label - Review & Impressions Index

3 Likes

Thank you. :+1:t4:

2 Likes

Here it comes again guys😅

I’ve been looking at these ifi dac amps, very curious to know is there any way to add power and data feed at the same time? Kind of skeptical because it doesn’t have direct power.

My pc has usb 3.0 and 3.1 available on it. I know those provide more speed, not sure about power.

Is there a cable that will deliver higher power rating? Or is the 3.0 cables higher power in general? I’ll do some research of course.

Second, you think if you use a usb A “Y” splitter that wouldn’t create an issue? For the audio feed. I know some external hard drives that don’t use power prefer the split Y cable to essentially double the power and make it work.

You think you could use a power bank/source and audio feed with the Y splitter?

With regard to ifi site, it says with a 5V connection you will receive the power output stated. It says USB will vary, which to me means lower output. Second, I am guessing lower power will switch to the on board battery. But I plan on using a desktop setup, so I don’t want to use battery unless it’s a must.

That has confused me, because I do not understand how that’s possible to listen to music and get 5V, as stated by the manufacturer. When there is only one power input.

Now I just did some research and may have resolved this, by purchasing a charge and sync 3.0 usb hub. Which has a power supply to the hub. 5V/2.4A.

Just considering your feed back.

Yes, I know I’m overthinking this just like everything else.

Sorry guys, my mistake, you can void that question. When comparing the ifi products, I confused the specs.

1 Like