iFi audio - Next ZEN CAN Signature edition! Which headphone's EQ Curve? You decide

Thank you for clarifying. That’s not how I understood the question when I answered – you may want to toss all the data you have collected to date. Honestly, I’d likely not buy any of those 5 products and focus on stuff in higher price categories. The HD6XX, HD650, and HD600 are exceptions due to their scalability.

1 Like

That’s totally O.K., and we understand people think that way re: the headphones on the list.

We are tracking all the responses, there are a bunch of good ideas and you never know when they could actually happen!

So there is a chance for the iFi Porta Pro Signature?

Edit to add (just in case): :wink:

2 Likes

A Zen Tube amplifier for example?!?

:pray: :wink:

Just because the headphones are Drop headphones doesn’t mean the CAN Signature is only limited to DROP headphones! This product is by no means tied to Drop at all.

1 Like

Let’s revert back to the HP and CAN Signature related discussion! No more general suggestions for now.

You forgot something :slight_smile:

I’d vote for the X00 but if would also apply to the E-mu Teak that’d be better since one can still buy those.

2 Likes

I swear it was in there! Here it is :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nope. The headphones we’ve picked just happen to be super popular. The new ZEN CAN Signature will not be dropping on DROP at all.

Hi folks! Small announcement.

At the moment, we have two leading headphone models and the difference between them narrows down to mere 20 votes.

The voting stage ends on the 26th of February so please make sure you have your say, and like so help us to pick the amp tailored for the winner headphone model here:

To make this crowd design a bit sweeter, we’ll select five participants who voted, and each will be given the amplifier that’s going to be the outcome of your votes!

Let me know if there’s any questions, and thanks a ton for all of your discussion so far!

3 Likes

Right, so Meze 99 Classics. I know a few of you have already dropped your thoughts and support for this model, others not so much!

What are your thoughts on this one? Is this a candidate for the EQ Curve on the next edition of the ZEN CAN Signature? We’d love to hear more on why or why not!

Remember, you decide!

The Meze 99 Classics delivers perfect natural sound even to the pickiest of audio lovers. The walnut wood earcups, soft earpads, and the spring steel headband delivers crisp and clear, non-distorted and balanced sound.

LAST CHANCE TO VOTE:

We are closing the vote at midnight (GMT). If you haven’t made your choice we’d love to hear from you.

@SebastienChiu I wasn’t sure if you knew but when I’m using RCA inputs with the Zen Can and it will clip if I go past 12 o clock with a balanced output. Is that expected behavior? Can the Zen can not handle the conversion?

I asked the team for their input on this, will get back to you soon!

Can you give me a little info on your set-up/situation?

What impedance headphones, how sensitive they are, whether there’s a balanced to single-ended cable , etc. would be super helpful!

Sure! I have RCA’s going into the Zen Can with a 4.4mm cable to either some Sony CD900st headphones that are 63ohms or Susvara that are 50ohms. The Sony’s are pretty sensitive and the Susvara’s are just a tad insensitive in comparison :slight_smile: (/s)

Is the 4.4 is soldered directly to the Sony or Susvara cables, or if they go through an adapter to 6.3? Can the Sony be plugged into the 6.3 output?

There is a 4.4mm to 4pin XLR adapter. Both the Sony and Sus are 4pin cabled. I didn’t experience the issue when I used an adapter and plugged them into the 6.3mm jack, just the 4.4mm. There wasn’t any clipping at lower volumes when plugged into the 4.4mm jack.

1 Like

Thanks, mate, I’ll get back to you when I have an update!

The results are in……with over 30% of the votes the winning headphone is the HIFIMAN HE4XX!

The new version of the ZEN CAN Signature, complete with ActivEQ tailored towards the HIFIMAN HE4XX is currently in development and will be available to buy in summer 2021. The lucky winners of the new ZEN CAN Signature have all been contacted this week.

Thank you all for voting!

2 Likes