iFi Audio Uno DAC/Amp - Official Discussion Thread

The new iFi Audio Uno is now available for order. Comes in at $79 USD

From iFi Audio

Small enough to fit into the palm of your hand, the **iFi Uno’s** cute, curvy case is made from tough, mineral-filled polymer. Inside, the sophisticated DAC and headphone amp circuitry will upgrade the basic audio tech in all sorts of digital devices.

Connect the iFi Uno via the USB-C input to your Windows PC, Apple Mac, smartphone or tablet. It needs no power source as it receives both power and audio data from the source it is connected to.

Add headphones, powered speakers or an amp and separate speakers and you have what you’ve always wanted – bigger, bolder, more detailed sound.

Not sure what a DAC is but know you want better sound quality for your music, movies, games, podcasts and YouTube guilty pleasures?

Then, the new iFi Uno is for you.

All devices that act as digital sound sources use a built-in DAC (Digital to Analogue Converter) to convert the digital info in your source device – your computer, tablet or smartphone – to music you can hear through speakers or headphones. External DACs sound much better than the standard DACs used inside these devices.

Imagine the difference in quality from a standard TV to an 8K Ultra HD TV — but in sound! This is the difference an external DAC makes to your music.

The iFi Uno will supercharge your sound. Everything will sound more powerful, more detailed and more real.

Tech Specs

Digital Input USB-C
Formats DSD 256 /11.3MHz
DXD 384kHz
PCM 384kHz
MQA
DAC Bit-Perfect DSD & DXD DAC by ESS
Line Section
Output 2V max.
Output Impedance <100Ω
SNR ≥119dBA
DNR ≥115dB @ 0dBFS
THD+N ≤0.03% @ 0dBFS
Headphone Section
Output ≥2.6V / 3.5V max. at 32Ω/300Ω
Output Power ≥211mW @ 32Ω; 39mW @ 300Ω
Output Impedance <1Ω
SNR ≥113dBA
DNR ≥110dB @ 0dBFS
THD+N ≤0.02% (1.27V @ 16Ω)
Channel separation ≥80dB (1kHz/600Ω)
Frequency Response 10-80kHz(-0.5dB)
Power supply requirement USB-C 5V/0.5A
Power consumption No Signal ~0.8W
Max Signal ~1.5W
Dimensions 88 x 81 x 26 mm (3.5" x 2.8" x 1.0")
Net Weight 92 g (0.2 Ibs)
Limited Warranty 12 months*

Box Contents

• iFi Audio Uno Entry-Level DAC/Amp
  • USB A to USB C Cable
  • Quick Start Manual
  • Warranty Card
6 Likes

@SebastienChiu why no SPDIF? Would be useful to use to connect up to use headphones with a TV (which oddly no longer has analogue RCA/headphone output?).

Like the Schiit HEL 2?

Also, why is it photographed next to a HE1000se?

Very neat. And the perfect size for an XMAS stocking stuffer! :blush:

1 Like

Unfortunately as I’m not a part of the company anymore I’m not the best person to ask.

@brandonc is for all iFi related things now!

It is very cute! So tiny and a decent amount of power and features for the size/price.

1 Like

Totally is! Great idea for it.

I can see how you see the products similar! I suppose you could draw a parallel, but we made the product as a nice’n’easy, accessible DAC/amp with multi-media use. As for the headphones, we have many pairs in the office and I’d have to track down the photographer to find out, but we do appreciate HiFiMan’s headphones!

Our design team found RCA enough of a universal connection to include as the primary input! Regardless, I will pass your feedback on for our notes.

I love the choice of the RCA in the back. I’m going to use this lil guy to hook up to my desktop powered 2.1 system and simply plug and play to my PC to test out some gear (headphones/iems) to it! Should be fun!

1 Like

The RCAs are Analog outputs. I believe what he would like is another digital input (S/PDIF) to be able to connect a TV to the Uno as the only input is USB (unless I am confused and the RCA is both input and output like on some of your portable models)

1 Like

No I think you’re right reading your comment and I appreciate the clarification. I’ve passed the info and our staff mentioned it’s noted so consider the comment registered!

1 Like