Listening Chairs! What kind of chair do you like to sit in when you listen?

Where do you get these special headphone bags from cause now I kinda want one lol

2 Likes

yes people don´t change the ultra fine filter often enough - our salesman told us the same, last time we bought a new one

The special bags are Ziploc 2 gallon freezer bags available at most supermarkets. I cut the ziploc area off, makes it easier to slip over even on the 1266 and the pair of Senns.

I rent the 3 floor condo (in a large complex) I’m in since 2004. The usual filters the management uses won’t stop anything smaller than a golf ball, I buy my own at Home Depot at around $20 bucks a pop and replace them every 90 days (along with all vacuum bags) but I still get some dust, only not so much.Some allergies must still keep me sneezing on a regular basis, lol. I’ve never seen any studies on it but your bed probably collects the highest percentage of flaked off skin, throw back the covers and scrubbed off flakes prolly lift up and just get carried and circulated on normal air currents generated even inside a home with or without HVAC blowers running. Where ever you go there is dust except perhaps in medical / scientific clean rooms.

5 Likes

You can maximize the coverage area of the bags by turning it on its side, cut the side and zip up the bottom as I did with my 1266.

5 Likes

Lol this thread has gone way off topic!! Maybe merge to a different one @TylersEclectic ?

1 Like

For Audeze I extend the experience of pain to my entire body:

https://www.planetdeadly.com/human/medieval-torture-devices

For Grado ear pads I do the same:
https://www.fotosearch.com/CSP458/k4580795/

17 Likes

LOL! Love this. For me, most Beyerdynamic as well

1 Like

Hancock and Moore Recliner.

1 Like

Those are nice! I am actually thinking of maybe a small couch and redoing my entire office space now, lol. What have I done…

Ours match the color palette - seafoam green, teal, etc. They are comfortable. These are lift chairs as well.

5 Likes

For focused listening, a Steelcase Leap V1 at my desk, with this expression on my face:

For chilled out listening, there’s a futon across from my desk where I can lie down

4 Likes

I was eyeballing the leap v2. They look comfortable enough, and get reviewed as one of the better lumbar support chairs out there. Yes no maybe?

1 Like

I use the V2 at work and love it. For me, I love to sit with one leg folded under the other, and most “ergonomic” chairs have an annoying flange on either side that prevents that. Leaps all have flat seats, and they’re ideal for me.

2 Likes

IKEA poang for me. Though some large headphones hit the headrest causing me to adjust my head to compensate.

4 Likes

It went off topic but not horribly…and we are back on track now…but I do like the idea of a thread discussing how to store your gear to avoid dust etc… @FLTWS I may request your input again when that thread is created…quick easy mod that works and doesn’t look horrible! Nice!

Back on subject!

5 Likes

I found this at Target today and it was surprisingly comfortable! The seat was deep enough to sit Indian styled, and it gave this sense of cocoon-like comfort (for obvious reasons). I absolutely felt as though I could melt away from the world and into my music in a deprivation tank-like way.

The looks are to be desired, to say the least (it’s kind of fugly), but a plus was that it also made me feel like Jack Tripper and that I was waiting on the girls to head over to The Regal Beagle for some drinks! :tumbler_glass::wink:

5 Likes

My father daughter combo Poang chairs with bonus Gizmo the dog!

18 Likes

That’s awesome! She must look adorable sitting there next to daddy.

3 Likes

I agree! I think that thread would be valuable as well.

2 Likes

I love this!

2 Likes