Listening Chairs! What kind of chair do you like to sit in when you listen?

It went off topic but not horribly…and we are back on track now…but I do like the idea of a thread discussing how to store your gear to avoid dust etc… @FLTWS I may request your input again when that thread is created…quick easy mod that works and doesn’t look horrible! Nice!

Back on subject!

5 Likes

I found this at Target today and it was surprisingly comfortable! The seat was deep enough to sit Indian styled, and it gave this sense of cocoon-like comfort (for obvious reasons). I absolutely felt as though I could melt away from the world and into my music in a deprivation tank-like way.

The looks are to be desired, to say the least (it’s kind of fugly), but a plus was that it also made me feel like Jack Tripper and that I was waiting on the girls to head over to The Regal Beagle for some drinks! :tumbler_glass::wink:

5 Likes

My father daughter combo Poang chairs with bonus Gizmo the dog!

18 Likes

That’s awesome! She must look adorable sitting there next to daddy.

3 Likes

I agree! I think that thread would be valuable as well.

2 Likes

I love this!

2 Likes

Good point, what headphones have you had issues with your Poang chair and has the adjustments you have had to make changed your comfort level with the chair?

1 Like

LCD-3 requires me to lean forward slightly and not use headrest. Focal lineup headphones are fine. Tx-00 fine. That’s about it.

3 Likes

Has anyone ever tried one of these Luna Low Back Chairs?

I believe a high back can be had as well.

MR

2 Likes

looks like you easily could get a six pack with this one :innocent: - would always prefer something with a rest for my head and neck. I see you added the info, about a high back. Thanks! So I won´t delete my comment.

the design is the type of scandinavian, I love

2 Likes

That does look nice, though I haven’t sat in one.

1 Like

Me either, I’m going to try to see if the local Scandinavian design place has one. I know when listening to speakers it seems most people think it’s best to not have anything directly behind your head. However when listening to headphones it’s quite lovely to have something to lay your head back on finding a chair that does both could be challenging!

I’ve sat in this, and it’s quite comfortable. They cushions are down filled, which adds to the comfort. And I like the weathered look of it.

@MartinTransporter, It does lack neck support which is why I didn’t but it.

https://www.potterybarn.com/products/raylan-leather-armchair/?pkey=s|hav|67

1 Like

Page is not available in my region

Here’s a screenshot.

I like the Adirondack styling.

5 Likes

Very cool look

2 Likes

Well, if we’re talking about dream chairs, then my dream is to have a listening room like the one Warwick Acoustics uses for their demos:

(source)
Inside there are two small sofas (I’m not sure what the English word for that kind of comfy, lined sofa-like things is, sorry) and the place is really, really silent. If I will ever be rich enough, I will probably build one of these things to enjoy my music in a quiet, cozy place. A man can dream…

6 Likes

Yes! Please!!

4 Likes

was today out with my wife… at some stores
she wants a new kitchen and new furniture for the foyer/first room entering our place…

No budget left for fun stuff, after planning :roll_eyes:

• you say it… A man can have a dream (dream in big letters)
3 Likes

You’ll have to settle with your Eames Lounger! :laughing:

3 Likes