Listening Chairs! What kind of chair do you like to sit in when you listen?

Yes and I’m cool with it beeing a family piece since ever
I would listen on the floor to my headphones if I had to

it’s more the planned DAC upgrade which is now cancelled

Have to keep my wife happy

3 Likes

Wise man!!! Happy wife, happy life!!!

5 Likes

:100: (says the unmarried guy-me, but it’s true!)

1 Like

For some reason I see @MartinTransporter in this chair :thinking: :face_with_monocle: :smirk: :rofl:

5 Likes

Only if the wood was gold leaved. :star2:

2 Likes

Brahahaaaaa, eehm no.
No Dude over here, with satin underwear or silk bathrobe

3 Likes

Well I went and sat in about 20 different chairs locally today lol. My favorite for comfort, look, price for value was was the Ekhornes Stressless President Recliner with ottoman. The support for the entire spine throughout the entire reclining range was incredible. Also didn’t feel any sciatica pain while sitting. It is a closeout model so deeply discounted from original prices.

5 Likes

I 100% agree with you @lost33 best chairs I have sat in so far. Apparently they last 20-30 years too…

2 Likes

Sat in this chair today confirmed today it’s not very comfortable! Lol

4 Likes

I think this is the right one - I’m not at home right now. Mine is getting a bit used, and my better half is looking to replace it. Catnapper powered with heat and massage. I got it when I had a broken neck, and it was pretty nice even wearing a halo.

This chair has put in many hours making a firm foundation for my headphone listening. When I’m in my upstairs office, (where the STAX live) I’m in a fairly standard ergonomic office chair.

5 Likes

That’s what I call an “Uncle Bill”, or “Big Bill” chair. So comfortable, and I can still remember sitting in it when uncle Bill wasn’t around.

Very nice.

3 Likes

I’ve bought a Flash recliner, a nice one actually. I bought it for gaming purposes, but all in all started to spend my lonley evenings listeting to vinyl in that chair. Good for just chilling

2 Likes

Same here. We have two of the Stressless chairs in our family room where the 2 chl , HT / TV system is and a Stressless Capri Recliner I use for listening in my office…So comfortable. After 11 years the chairs are still holding up and still very comfortable and supportive.

2 Likes

That’s awesome! I feel like they are my favorite piece of furniture in the house for sure!

1 Like

Herman Miller Aeron

10 Likes

My listening chair. Beats being dead… :smile:

12 Likes

Amen to that…:+1:t4:

1 Like

Pardon the mess, re-organization and snapped a quick shot of listening chair next to listening station.
A triple value as it is also my reading chair, and movie watching chair :headphones: :open_book: :film_projector:

11 Likes

If that’s the chair I think it is, then I want your chair.

3 Likes

It is the chair you think it is, took me nearly 8 years to save up for it.

Well worth the investment, with music playing all around my head and a single malt to my left I can escape the world for a few hours.

9 Likes