Meze Audio 109 Pro - Official Discussion Thread

Great review @SenyorC

How is the punchiness of the bass with the 109 Pro? Do they have decent blam? They’re on my radar for my next dynamic driver headphone (along with a couple others).

1 Like

I wouldn’t say they stand out as being punchy. They have plenty for my tastes but I am someone who favours fairly neutral bass (especially midbass).

Certainly worth a listen if you can get your ears on a set!

1 Like

I enjoy my 109 Pro but would like to tame the upper mids & treble a bit to increase the perception of bass and lower mids. I’d prefer to do this without EQ if possible and without any introduce mods. I’ve ordered the Dekoni attenuation kit but am also interested in trying out alternate ear pads. Can anyone suggest alternate ear pads that work for 109 Pro? Thanks!

Got my 109’s today. I was very leery of these. If you read the whole thread on Head-Fi, there is a lot of negativity. I decided buy them anyway, although used.

Right off the bat, I Love the mids, really like the bass and am not offended by the treble. My initial reaction is very good. BF2 to Violectric V220 to 109’s.

7 Likes

I just got the AKG K702. Listening for a day, I got hooked. With the Schiit Kara preamp and Yggdrasil DAC via an Audioquest Diamond USB from my MacMini they sounded better than anything I’ve heard previously. I guess the $4000 in gear pushing them makes a big difference. The 109PROs will be delivered Saturday. Now I want a Mjolnir3 and 10’ Black Dragon cable. I never intended to go down this rabbit hole. As you can see I’m ‘new’ to headphones.

2 Likes

I bit the bullet. Ordered Schiit-Mjolnir 3 and Moon Audio-Black Dragon (with 4 pin XLR)

2 Likes

I am very impressed with the Meze 109 pros. I use them through a Dragonfly Cobalt which is connected to my iMac. They are very accurate, balanced, and incredibly comfortable. Forget about all of the technical specs and graphs, simply put, I am confident in saying that I enjoy these they way I’m listening to them as much as I do the 2020 Utopias with the Naim Uniti Atom HE. Doesn’t make me like the Utopias any less, I just wanted to share what I’m comparing to and how much I enjoy these.

9 Likes

Welcome to the Headphones.com forum, @bpaudio!

Such high end gear mentioned in your first post here. You have obviously been around the block a couple of times. bpaudio, welcome to your headphones forum indeed!

2 Likes