Meze Audio ELITE - Flagship Open-Back Planar Magnetic Headphones

This made me laugh out loud! :smiley:

Great job as always, Andrew! I look forward to further impressions.

3 Likes

Thank God I don’t have to buy these too. Now tell me if I need to buy the Stealth so I can get on with my life. Just bought the Audeze Carbon so we are starting to talk real money here.

You don’t need to buy anything haha. Be patient and considered with your purchases. This stuff is expensive, and it’s better to get something you’ll love long-term than just jumping on hype trains or flavors of the month.

19 Likes

How do these stack up against the D8k Pro for you? I seem to recall you really liking that one and they’re at a similar price point.

D8K Pro is more detailed and technically impressive yeah. But… to a certain extent the Elite is a more pleasant tuning without EQ, and it’s much more comfortable.

7 Likes

@Resolve how’s your impressions after a weekend session? Any new impressions? Do you plan to do a video review? Thx.

Yeah I’ll probably have a video review sometime in the near future. Nothing all that new at the moment.

Cool! So what are your overall impressions on the Elite? Anything you specifically like about them? Any strengthes?

I think you are spot on regarding the original empyrean…I bought and sold them quickly…thought they were very disappointing apart from the build quality and comfort…perhaps the new version is better…I hope so

I wouldn’t waste your time tbh. I’ve already compared with Sus and it makes no sense unless you want to be reminded that there are worse headphones out there.

Yeah Susvara is still a very noticeable step up, as much as the Elite improves on the OG Empy. Of course, it’s also more expensive haha. But, to me the Elite makes sense if you’re in love with the build/form factor. It’s not what I would do but I can see why someone would.

4 Likes

If someone (me?) was buying for the build/form factor (comfort) would it make sense to just go with the OG Empy or is there that much of an improvement to the sound with the Elite?

that’s tough for me to answer. The OG Empyrean really wasn’t for me, but the Elite is something that I find totally enjoyable, even if it’s not particularly competitive for the asking price. But, maybe you’d like the OG Empyrean’s sound, there certainly are people who do (they keep reminding me haha).

5 Likes

Thanks for the answer!

Hey everyone! Any new impressions on the Elite? Have anyone got them in hands? Some people say they really opens after some burn-in time…

Still looking forward to your Elite review.

How would you say these compare to the D8k (OG or Pro)?

Thanks!

He already posted it on YouTube.

1 Like

Thank you. I can’t see it, any link?

Believe there may be a misunderstanding between the ELITE & and the Stealth review. The DCA Stealth review was posted yesterday, the ELITE review has not been filmed yet.

4 Likes

Taron is correct. My bad. It was the Stealth that was released yesterday.

1 Like