Meze Empyrean over-ear Headphones - Official Thread

Love my Empyreans, though I’m not the first to say that the travel case, while sturdy and beautiful, isn’t the most compact in the world. (It’s a bit smaller than a full-size briefcase).

Problem is, the Empyreans have somewhat unusual dimensions for headphones: about 25cm x 23cm x 8cm, and after an exhaustive search, I learned that no one makes a specialized case for them, 99% of generic headphone cases are too small, and the remaining 1% are too big to fit them snugly, or too bulky to fit in a carry-on.

So I expanded my search beyond headphone cases. Way beyond. Ladies and gents, I present to you what I believe to be the only hard zip-up case case on the internet that snugly fits the $3000 Meze Empyreans:

Caseling Hard Case Fits PORTER-CABLE Heat Gun, 1500-Watt (PC1500HG) - Case Only - Heat Gun Not included.

:joy: The price? $13.99 with prime delivery. Is the fit perfect? No, there’s an extra inch or two around them, but the interior is pretty soft felt. Is it anywhere near as safe as the briefcase? Uhh, no, but it fits in carry-ons and is perfect for porting them around the house or to a friend’s.

As silly as it sounds to keep a pair of $3000 cans in a $14 glue gun case, I thought I’d share. Meze, if you’re listening, think about offering a slightly more portable case, and if you’re an Empyrean owner who’s found your own solution to this, let me know!

5 Likes