Meze Empyrean over-ear Headphones - Official Thread

When I had them…the bass felt like it was coming from above and around me…which makes sense when you look at the drivers. Also it felt like the treble and mids were being “beamed” into my ears. Also makes sense based on the drivers… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Meze/Rinaro can PM me directly for any inquiries regarding payment/fees. :rofl:

6 Likes

Jokes aside, I’d really like to hear these. They’re gorgeously built!

2 Likes

From Empyrean Jet Black | Meze Audio - Sound. Comfort. Design. True high-end.

Yup. Works as described.

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s a weird sound to get used to. It sounds good to me on certain tracks but sometimes for me it got convoluted (the sound), or it seemed like a “wall” of noise that was hard to pick out the details. Which I think is more my issue than the headphones :cry:

They are still gorgeous headphones and one of the most comfortable I’ve ever worn. At a lower price point they would be much more competitive…

4 Likes

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. Almost so great.

2 Likes

I like bass for edm which the Empyrean does a great job of imo. I like the bass coming from the top and around my head.

3 Likes

Yeah I can see it being good for EDM for sure. That slight bass bump can be fun for the right genres.

1 Like

Concur, it was very fun with EDM :slight_smile:

The other headphones Meze makes are bass cans so maybe that carried over to the Empyrean. I’m getting a headamp gs-x mk2 and it is known as being really transparent and clear I’m hoping the Empyrean will become a different beast.

1 Like

Which pads do you prefer?

leather as they give me the correct bass response I’m looking for.

1 Like

Meze Empyrean Black Copper is on the way
Edit: I meant it is available soon- not that I ordered

3 Likes

I ordered the copper

5 Likes

They came in and look really nice. Also they finally updated the packaging.

3 Likes

@BondDaBoom

Share some pictures of the headphones and the new “packaging” case? when you get a chance.

1 Like

Yesss!

1 Like

7 Likes

The black on copper looks good!

3 Likes

Very nice!

2 Likes