Moondrop x Crinacle DUSK: An Inconvenient Truth

Any news about the glitch in the DSP? Was it at least acknowledged somehow by Moondrop / crin?

1 Like

Been testing out the Dusk DSP cable and it seems like the audio glitch might be sample rate-dependent; I was able to hear the same artifact on the drumstick clicks with the default 16-bit 44.1kHz sample rate, but manually increasing the sample rate to 32-bit 384kHz causes it to disappear.

3 Likes

Hopefully Moondrop themselves is performing their own testing and has a fix or replacement in the works.

2 Likes

do you have blessing 2 to dusk dsp default? I recently picked on bargain. Thanks!

Hey sorry to tack on here but I’m having an issue and I’ve googled it for an hour. Today, Moondrop released an iOS app, so I quickly downloaded it to my phone and iPad. Tried using it with my Mays and now the DSP cable is not even recognized as a USB device and I’ve walked around at work plugging it into anything with a USB-C port and it is completely dead. This happened the day I got the Mays, but it started working again the next day. I have their APK installed on my Android DAP, and it generally works on that device (but ONLY if I’m hot spotting to my phone’s data connection, it won’t work at my company wifi) and now that can’t see them either. I REALLY like these IEM’s but the combination of the absolute garbage software and the incredibly spotty performance of their cable, I’m pretty turned off from Moondrop forever. It’s clear they don’t give a sh*t about their products once they’ve been sold.

I tried the new iOS app with the DSP cable, and the cable still alive. The app does not detect the cable (AKA I cannot modify the EQ values), but the iPhone does detect the cable as a headphone.

Not sure what caused your cable to die, but I cannot reproduce your issue on an iPhone 15 Pro Max.

I agree with you regarding Moondrop and their after-sales service. My Dusk has developed cracks in the 2pin connector within 2 months of use and Moondrop did not care as long as the IEMs still functions as normal…

Wha both of you guys have experienced is what should normally be fully covered by the manufacturer warranty. I recommend continuing to push back on Moondrop, insisting on a replacement or refund.

3 Likes

Yep:

4 Likes

No user-serviceable parts inside.

ACHTUNG! ALLES TURISTEN UND NON TEKNISCHEN LOOKENSPEEPERS! DAS KOMPUTERMASCHINE IST NICHT FÜR DER GEFINGERPOKEN UND MITTENGRABEN! ODERWISE IST EASY TO SCHNAPPEN DER SPRINGENWERK, BLOWENFUSEN UND POPPENCORKEN MIT SPITZENSPARKEN. IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS. ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.

3 Likes

=

3 Likes

That made me laugh harder than I have for a while, Thank you!

2 Likes

If you have ever read a Chinese manual translated into English or German, for example, I’m afraid I’m more likely to cry than laugh.

Whatever AI is at work here, the programmers have certainly failed.

:100: :poop: :rofl:

2 Likes