So I have no idea how my hearing ranks among audiophiles, however I have been able to appreciate everything from $30 headphones to multiple thousand esp when considering the hardware to drive it. The past couple of months, ever since I decided to clean my ears with cotton swab’s and got an ear infection while in another state. I can feel the pressure on my ears. My hearing isn’t what it was and I’m uncertain if it’ll come back. This happened once before and I went to a clinic and had my ears cleaned and was given some steroid drop’s. This time, month’s later I have properly cleaned my ears with a camera device… but I can’t tell if it’s still waning. Partly because I’m drunk, partly because I’m getting old.
I truly could tell the difference along the way, maybe not as well as another, but it’s been a journey.
Just appreciate that, as I have been while writing this.
My point is a ramble, I guess. We all juxtapose ourselves with those who can’t experience what we have. For my life, it has been a hobby to keep me occupied as I get older. I decided that I wanted to experience audio and the best way to do that was to take a piece of hardware I have and see how someone else experiences it. Then I could put buzzwords to it.
Tidal is killing it.
Anyways my point is… what do I do with this numb feeling in my ears? A gradual degradation is easier to deal with. Maybe I wouldn’t notice it. But I’m grasping at concepts I remember, like sweetness of my tube amp. I don’t know, I just felt like expressing myself tonight. Probably not even worthy of a post but I wanted to say something.