The HSA-1a is a newly-released amplifier from RAAL-requisite, intended to drive their excellent SR1a EarField™ Monitor “Headphones” as well as having the capacity to drive speakers and provision for a potential-future circumnaural ribbon-driver headphone release.
The unit features support for two sets of SR1a headphones (which makes more sense when you consider the studio-intent for these products), switchable heapdhone/speaker outputs, and both balanced (XLR) and single-ended (RCA) inputs.
This is a substantial unit, weighing in at 11.5 lbs, in a 12.5" x 8.5" in an all-metal chassis, with visible heatsinking and RAAL-requisitives distinctive design-language.
Price is $3,900, with an optional hard-case for an additional $350.
- Load Impedance: 0.3 Ohm – infinity
- Output Power (one channel driven): 10W /8Ω, 20W/4Ω, 40W/2Ω, 55W/1Ω @ 1khz/sine
- Ribbon Headphones Drive: 2 x RAAL-requisite SR-1a
- Freq. Response: 100mv/ in/sin. 15hz – 500kHz
- Power Bandwidth: 10Hz(-1dB) – 100kHz (-2dB)
- Distortion: < 0,5% at 1khz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: Better than 90dB
- Input Impedance: 40 kOhm
- Sensitivity: 0,5V /40kOhm
- Input: IN1- RCA, IN2 – XLR