[Review] Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro

a top review SenyorC!

we both are seemingly in a minority, as I would love to have for most headphones a coiled cable. As long as they are not already over 700 gramms on their own :slight_smile:

your perspective was very intersting to dive in, for me

3 Likes

I also appreciate a good coiled cable. That was one of the ‘benefits’ of choosing the Focal Clear Pro.

2 Likes

Very detailed , and excellent review @SenyorC!

I agree with many of our friends here, your pro use perspective was a great treat filled with tremendous insight.

Thank you.

5 Likes

I was not aware of the coiled cable, coming with the Clear Pro set!

In general, I simply love the safety aspect of coiled ones and the short footprint. Most of the time a over 1,75m cable is, for me at least in the way, and I look for the best way, to lay it out in a save snake shape, the moment OCD kicks in

as long the coiled one is not stretched and most of it lays on my sofa´s armrest, the additional weight is not an issue.

3 Likes

Muy rico, Señor. :clap: :clap:

Your perspective clearly demonstrates how a tool designed to be used in the PRO (studio) world was turned into a hype for audiophiles, and how this generated ideology fights of some sort. Note I tend to use (home) PRO stuff for personal listen myself.

In the meanwhile, the underrated T1 is just 100 bucks more, can be run balanced, has more soundstage and more punch, has that treble :hear_no_evil: , and I don’t see many talking about it. That’s the one on my radar btw. :eyes:

I’m very happy I chose the HD660s in that regard. It gets frequently beaten up when compared with the DT1990 PRO. However (my impressions to date):

• Detail is there but it fades away after a few minutes, and it turns into a laid back and non fatiguing experience (YMMV, as usual);
  • I don’t need any EQ;
  • It can be run balanced;
  • It was listed on a summer sale. :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings:

Great stuff.

4 Likes

@Chrono’s hollywoodean take on this phone:

5 Likes

Did I hear that right? Less instrument separation than the HD660s?

1 Like

Oh, you heard that right. The soundstage and imaging is without a doubt better on the DT 1990 Pro. However, I found the HD 660S to distinguish the layers in each track much better.

Also, can you guess what I am reviewing next?

1 Like

Thanks for sharing it!

1 Like

Sounds like an obvious answer. Allow me to try though: SkullCandy Crusher?

3 Likes

HOW DID YOU KNOW?! I might to review something different now :scream:

3 Likes

Plan B, review the 660S :wink:

3 Likes

That is coming up next haha

2 Likes

Really great review @SenyorC. Very comprehensive and full of detail. Great stuff.

3 Likes