Rosson Audio - RAD-0 - Official Thread

Thank you for the impressions, they made for a great read, and I very much appreciate the comparisons with the Utopia and Vérité open. I particularly liked your turn of phrase with “the U’s lightning striking out of nowhere ability,” which is nicely evocative.

I’m sorry for the brief off-topic question - did you post impressions of your Vérité after they’d burned in? I ask because I read your impressions here soon after getting the headphones and because I was struck by your recent comment here that “The so called natural sounding ZMF Verite has made me cringe with treble issues that the Utopia has never approached.” The measurements of the Vérité on another forum showed a treble spike, which the poster said was audible but not a problem, for him. Concerned that this might be an issue for me, too, I’ve been keeping an eye out for others’ impressions about the treble. Yours is one of the few to comment about issues with the treble presentation. I’d be very grateful for an elaboration on this, if you wouldn’t mind, please, in the Vérité thread, if it’s not too much trouble! (I’m sorry, I realize I’m asking for more effort on your part right after you’ve just taken the time to post these great impressions of the RAD-0 above).

3 Likes