Susvara or?

No. :slight_smile:
10char limitā€¦

Iā€™m hearing really good things coming from Kennerton headphones like Throrā€¦ I wish they would have a booth at the next canjam. I think the Susvara takes the cake for headphones in production right now. The Raal sr-1a is good alsoā€¦ It has more of a reference studio sound, and I liked it more with the HSA-1a amp than Jotunheim R. It is interesting that you can adapt it to speaker amps like Stax too:)

1 Like

Given these 2 choices, which would you pick for home usage?

1. Susvara + SR1a + Jotunheim R (~$10k)
  2. SR1a + HSA-1b + Ribbon 728 cable ($9k)

Also can the Jotunheim R be used to drive the Susvara? This might be a better question to ask in the Jotunheim thread.

From Schiitā€™s FAQ page:

1 Like

Thanks for providing that, and apologies for not researching more into the Jot R. Question still stands since some of you may already have amps that play well with the Susvara.

The R wonā€™t work but plenty of amps will run both the sr1a and susvara

Iā€™m going to add some info here for sake of discussion. Iā€™m not recommending this as I plan to get a proper headphone amp for the Susvaras but itā€™s possible to get a custom adapter that allows different headphones to be ā€˜drivenā€™ by the Jotunheim R. I saw this on another forum:

ā€œWell, who wouldā€™ve thought it? Abyss Phi TC is sounding GREAT from Schiit Jotunheim R (for Raal SR1a) IF driven via DIY 4-pin female XLR to 4-pin female XLR adapter (different pinout than normal headphones). This is the regular Jotunheim reworked to deal with Raalā€™s extremely low impedance and need for high current delivery, so perhaps low impedance planars that thrive on current do well here.ā€

Headphone end ā†’ Amp end 4-pin
4-pin female XLR female XLR
Pin 3ā€“> pin 1
Pin 4ā€“>pin 2
Pin 1ā€“>pin 4
Pin 2ā€“>pin 3

Canā€™t say if Susvaraā€™s would sound great with the Jot R but it seems like it can be done, but only with the adapter.

2 Likes

At the very least its an interesting concept