Symphonium Audio Helios - Official Thread

Fantastic review! @SenyorC I really enjoy your writing style and the way you describe what you’re hearing! Cheers! :beers:

4 Likes

Another great review @SenyorC. You’re making this a habbit. :grin:. These do sound like a great set of Iem’s and you’ve put that across as eloquently as ever. Thanks for a great read and please keep them coming.

3 Likes

The Helios is an astonishing first effort for Symphonium Audio and Subtonic and deserves to be considered a worthy contender in its price range.

My full review, with measurements, a comparison with the Moondrop S8, and additional images, can be found on my blog:

2 Likes

Thanks for posting your wonderful write-up here, guys! Just had the Helios in for a tour for a week, and have to say I agree with a lot of your impressions!

4 Likes

Not Helios, but I just got an opportunity to demo the newest iem from this brand called the Triton. It just came in this afternoon, and has the same shell design and look as the Helios, but with different tuning. This one is warmer, with a fuller bass section, and slightly reduced upper mids. Unfortunately I do not have both of these on hand, but I know @Precogvision has listened to both back to back and will write a full review i think?

Anyway, I think this one sounds more natural and real, though it does perhaps lose some of the dynamics, texture, and edge of the Helios, from memory.

6 Likes

Look forward to trying this one out!

1 Like

Thank you for posting the Triton, Ant!

If anyone has any questions on the Helios and Triton, feel free to send me a message!

4 Likes

Hey Everyone!

We recently started a new series of blog post about the designing process of our IEMs. Our first issue on the Helios is now up!

Its only a 5 minute read, and very informative. We promise it will be worth your time!

Link: The Story: Helios

6 Likes

While fairly competitive at its price point in terms of technical performance, the Symphonium Audio Triton does not appeal to my personal tonal preferences.

My full review, with measurements and additional images, is available on my blog:

1 Like

Nice write-up on the Triton while being objective even though ti doesn’t fit your personal preference!

1 Like

I wanted to buy the Helios but was a bit worried about the fit so in the end bought its brother, the Elise Audio Helios SE. They are very close but the SE has a smaller shell and slightly different tuning.

To me the sound is a very long way from the other BA IEMs that I have owned in the past. Some kind of new BA drivers or new way to implement them must hide in the shells because that old kind of distortion is absent. Really nice.

I EQ the low end a bit, sub bass is down a few dB and the mid hole is filled in which is better for my taste in music.

cheers
Mike

2 Likes

For those curious about how the Helios SE (smaller, blue face plate) fares against the original:

4 Likes

Thanks for the pictures.

I forgot to mention that they need an amp to drive. I use them in my home set up with a Burson Soloist 3

Mike