The Sexiest Headphones

Very curious to see what you think of them, especially the Superleggera. I have heard it and personally i think it’s a terrible headphone: all bass, sibilant and distant voices and veiled highs, but i am giving it the benefit of the doubt. Maybe i just got unlucky and it was defective or something? Either way, keep us updated about your impressions!.

3 Likes

I will. In fact, I just opened a thread for Spirit Torino and posted my first impressions of the Radiante:

Spirit Torino headphones - Headphone/DAC/DAP/Amp Brands - The HEADPHONE Community

As for the Super Leggera, those and the Radiante were my immediate favourites. I did not find my pair to be bassy at all, on the contrary - they are rather neutral and open sounding with lots and lots of detail and very good midrange (voices) and treble. I believe they just iterated the design/tuning and maybe I got a pair of the new ones.

I am using Burson DAC/amps and Cayin DAPs and so far no sibilance or bassyness at all. (I am very treble sensitive myself) Talking about bass, the Radiante knocks it out of the park. But even here - still lots of control and detail. But of course all that is subjective.

2 Likes

That’s interesting. The Superleggera i heard was the “old model” but as far as i know the only difference was the pads used. Once i get the opportunity, i will surely get to listen to them another time, maybe it really was a defective pair the one i listened to.
Also, i will make sure to follow your impressions in the new thread, cheers!

1 Like

What source did you use during your listening session?

An iFi iDSD Micro Black Label.

1 Like

Hmm. Seems like a decent piece of kit. Though I don’t know the sound signature. On Burson gear, the SL are very neutral with slightly forward vocals end a good treble extension. I will give more impressions when I have time. :+1::wink:

The iDSD is defenetely warm, a pretty solid portable dac/amp that i use to this day as a dac in my main system (Violectric V200 and HD800S), and performs very well.
I actually had the opposite of your impressions: far from neutral, recessed vocals and yeah good treble extension but was kinda veiled, if i recall correctly i thought it was comparable to my HD660S (my past main headphone).

1 Like

Super Leggera impressions are live :wink:

Spirit Torino Headphones - Headphone/DAC/DAP/Amp Brands - The HEADPHONE Community

2 Likes

From the pictures I’ve seen, I think the Focal Clear MGs are gorgeous!

2 Likes

I’ve been invited to Milan (Torino is a bit too far for me) to try out the Superleggera with the new earpads. They told me they have a Valkyria there too that I can try, I think I would go just for that!
Will post impressions when this happens, hopefully soon.

4 Likes

#my600ohmfeatherweight

@TylersEclectic @Resolve

3 Likes