The WATCH Thread

With the current craziness on-going, and there being precious little new in the audio world right now (at least that I don’t already have and that I’m interested in) at the moment, I’ve been spending some time working on acquiring some less exotic (if not necessarily less interesting) pieces.

One of those was this just-released Hamilton PSR - a recreation of their “Pulsar” P2 (or “Time Computer”), which was the follow up to their P1 … the first commercially available digital watch.

Where the original only displayed the time, using a red dot-matrix LED format, when you pressed the button, this new version has a dual mode display. In daylight there is a subtly but always-on, conventional reflective LCD display (in negative red). When you press the button, the familiar red dot-matrix LED display illuminates brightly … with all the charm and interest of the original:

Hopefully I was early enough on the list not just to get one of the first of the stainless versions to reach the US, but also to snag one of the limited edition gold versions (1970 units, worldwide).

19 Likes