What are your biggest desires for audio in 2021!?

I’m in the same boat re: live shows. Would love to attend (at least) one pending the situation of the world.

This coming year, I’m going to focus more on listening than constantly buying and upgrading as well. I’m very happy with where I am at now sound wise, so now it’s relistening to my music library :smiley:

4 Likes

I want a proper HD800s replacement from Sennheiser… maybe a HD900 and HD1000? But, alas I don’t think this will be a thing…

A proper HD700 replacement as well would be very cool… though once again… not likely…

7 Likes

Am I hearing you correctly that you don’t want a HD860S?! JK.

2 Likes

Hmm… that could be interesting … maybe a cheaper model HD800s variant somehow… but, not likely as it would eat into their proper HD800s sales… but maybe a new housing for the drivers with different tuning?

interesting thoughts …

2 Likes

True. They seem to have more offerings in the less than $1500 segment, compared to above. It would be nice to see them push on in the above $1500 segment, but keeping impedance at 300 ohms and updating tuning.

3 Likes

I’d really like to load a pair of Revel F206 into the main room, but there is a lot that needs to happen prior to that.

Such as bathroom remodels, fence building and all the bourbon drinking I’ve earned from bathroom remodels and fence builds.

On the music side, I’d like to really dig into modern American opera. Need some time to study and listen, no matter how difficult it is to do something challenging at the end of a day.

3 Likes

Well, I couldn’t go one day on the new year before buying something head-fi related. I looks like I will soon be an owner of a Feliks Echo. It was a used deal I couldn’t pass on. It will keep me occupied before I move on to something bigger later this year.

4 Likes

Enjoy when you get there, I have the bigger brother. I have found Revels like a little more power than spec’d. Increasing the power resulted in a little more headroom for dynamics and of course room size comes into play.

2 Likes

Thank you for the tip. What are you using for amplification?

1 Like

Well, a pair of Parasound JC-1 monos. I’m feeding a room that’s 26x19x12 but an open concept design.

3 Likes

My room is also open to the dining and kitchen, so either 17x22x10 or 17x40x10&8.

The jc-1s are a touch spendy for me. I was thinking either the a21, or a benchmark.

Thanks again for the info. Lots to think about.

1 Like

Oh I picked mine up used many years ago. The A21 will work great as would the Halo hint 6. . Also the Hegel 190 integrated would be capable as well.

2 Likes

Since people are talking speaker - yes, that’s probably what I’d like to upgrade this year also. I just haven’t figured out exactly what. The living room is about 14 x 25, and one end opens into the front entryway, stairwell, and dining room. I presently have the Rectilinear IIIs on either side of the fireplace, in the middle of the short side of the room. I have a piano and entertainment center on the corners of one end, and although I could put speakers in the corners of the other end, it is rather close to the side door. Little holes in the wood floor show me that’s where the previous owner ran speaker wire.

The big question is what to get, and what will I want to afford. Isn’t it always? We have one cat, and I’m not keen on a design that will appear to be a scratching post. If that were not a consideration, I’d probably go with Magnepan 3.7i and a bass panel. Both my wife and I love Wilson Audio speakers, but even used, to go beyond entry level and into something that moves a bit of air is big bucks. If that were no object, I’d like the Wilson Audio Sasha DAW 2. A used Sophia is perhaps on the outside of realistic.

There are other possibilities, I check Audiogon in weak moments.

4 Likes

“Do not ask for nicer gear, ask for the strength to enjoy the gear you already have.” ~ Bruce Lee

6 Likes

Bruce Lee, unbeknownst to many, was an avid audiophile:
“Don’t concentrate on the gear or you will miss all that heavenly music”.

4 Likes

LOL. if that’s the case we all would still be using cheap ear buds and our smart phones or old ipods.

4 Likes

“Spend money like water”. - Bruce Lee. (Or a possibly Kardashian)

4 Likes

Not necessarily-- I would expand on the quote and say there comes a time for all of us when we should just stop and enjoy what we have for a bit. When and where that time comes will be different for all of us-- but here’s to hoping that when it does we’ll have the strength to follow through :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s true, but people in general want to move towards some improvement in anything, its human nature. But some just go overboard. I’ve had my system since the .2010 and have been happy with most of it, of course I’m talking 2 chl, not headphone.

2 Likes

My biggest desire is to trim down (to zero) my learnings stack. Aim to take that $ and put it to some end game items.

11 Likes