What headphones do you have in your collection and why?

in chronological order…

AKG K701 for my wife - in white … sits forever in a box and gets no use
DT 770s 80 Ohm - still not that bad with good isolation, top build and was carried mobile long time
Fiio E10K DAC/Amp - worst thing ever - good to see now cheap and very good for under 100$/€
HD600 gave it later to my father - prefered it over the 650/6xx
a Sennheiser RS 175 for TV at night - get´s no use - comfort is top and sound was alright
Hyper X Cloud II with the USB DAC/Amp dongle - first contact with a “DAC/amp” - top passive isolation
SMSL M6 DAC/Amp - still in use by my wife in her home office 2.1 setup - has a fairly clean hf out
Marshall Mid BT for my wife - lives near my bed and collects dust - too much clamp for an on ear
some cheep random BT IEMs for podcasts and so… on the go … would skip this and use ES 100
Samsung Galaxy IEMs came with the S8+ - “tuned by AKG” started my interest in IEMs
HD 660s after the 600 left - worst mistake I made - get´s no listening time and should be sold
Fiio Q1 II mobile DAC/Amp - first step in “mobile/balanced” for a few weeks - kept as backup - no rec
Fiio BTR3 mobile BT DAC/Amp - bit warmer sounding … for my wife with 58x or Porta Pro
ifi xDSD - best buy in the last years for DAC/Amps
Chord Mojo(sold) - nice DAC with lots of amp-power though xDSD was all around my favorite
Tin Hifi T2 Pro - not recommended
Earstudio ES 100 mobile BT DAC/Amp - with any IEM and LDAC BT on your phone is good enough
58x for my wife - fun budget kings - could get sold
Porta Pro with Yaxi Pads for my wife - all she needs
DT 1990 Pro used with analytical pads - get´s not much time and waits for a tube amp
Tin Hifi T3 - skip it and get the T4 or T2 if on a budget
THX AAA 789 may Drop with the last massdrop layout - does not get in the way
SMSL SU-8 v2 DAC - love the remote though prefer the ifi xDSD DAC´s sound
Focal Elegia as office closed back or on the sofa - gets most usage of all - could keep just this one
Koss KPH 30i just for looks/fun - the Porta Pro is way better
Dekoni Elite Velours pads for the 1990s - changes it into another hf - second worst mistake
Tin Hifi T4 - is for now my balanced IEM of choice - won´t go higher in budget for a longer time

… HiBy R5 (DAP) is on it´s way and get´s compared to the iBasso DX160 - not sure about DAPs yet
… the Hifiman Ananada in the next weeks - hope so!
… a BC OTL build in the next months as preparation for a ZMF headphone and the 1990s(last chance)
… RME ADI 2 v2 DAC/Amp in the next months

all I could afford at the time or did not knew better
I researched most items excessively
not a fan of overly warm/dark sounding equipment

9 Likes