What is your top priority item on Black Friday Sale?

$1,695 is not a sale price, that’s the current US MSRP.

Chord’s US distributor is pretty aggressive about following changes in currency exchange rates between the UK and the US, and that price is simply reflective of that. The Qutest dropped to $1,695 months ago.

The next expected revision to Chord’s US pricing is January (though they could certainly change it sooner), but that price isn’t a “sale” - it’s been that for a couple of months.

2 Likes

Congrats! Where did your find the Sr1a deal?

1 Like

Thanks for your kind word!

But Abyss 1266 TC was also on sale at other site.

I had spent 24 hours wondering whether to go for Sr1a or 1266 TC.

Isn’t Bloom the guy that stole your idea and copied your process and site layout?

Shady AF, I would not buy from someone like that…but that is just me…

1 Like

I saw their site for the first time yesterday when looking for Focal Stellia replacement pads (future protection) and he was only one that had them. Site and messaging were so similar, I had to go on Google to find the owner because I thought it might be Andrew and Taron with a third site. Needless to say it’s another guy on headfi that I see.

2 Likes

Classical music CD Black Friday Sale

https://www.arkivmusic.com/classical/listPage.jsp?list_id=5498&page_size=50&page_type=4#utm_source=ArkivMusic_NL&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=ODS-12022019&utm_content=ODS-CM-Complete

I had already bought most of them and been enjoying Galway, Arthur Rubinstein and Leonard Bernstein collections.

If you still spin Classical CD’s you may want to browse through the list.

I also placed another order of 5 boxes at total 150$.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your email. I saw the price
drop to $1695 a few months and heard it was related to favorable currency
exchange rates. Anyway, I was hoping there might be a sizeable discount from
someone on Black Friday or Cyber Monday, but I guess that was too much to hope
for given the Qutest’s popularity. Oh well, maybe next year. In the meantime I
like my RME ADI-2 and the other DAC’s I’ve got. Thanks again…Lee

2 Likes

Hi Victor,

Thanks for writing. I guess any discount
was too much to hope for given the popularity of the Qutest and newness of the
Aeon 2. Anyway, yesterday I got the MrSpeakers Ether CX from Drop, where it was
on sale for $200 off at $700. It has gotten good reviews, and if it’s anything
like the other Dan Clark headphones, it should be a great deal. I have both the
Mad Dog and Prime and like them a lot. Anyway, thanks again Victor…Lee

2 Likes

If I did not find Black Friday sale on Sr1a, then I may have gone for 1266 TC on sale.

Although I liked the sound of Sr1a at Torq’s home, it may have room for improvement.

I considered waiting for Sr2a which could be driven by low power SET amp.

On the other hand, 1266 TC may not have much more room to improve.

Someone reported decent result of SR1a driven with Rogue Cronus Magnum

Rogue Audio ST-100 ($3.5k) - My favorite among those that I’ve tried. Tube amp using KT120s. Great imaging and soundstage. Smoother and more natural sounding than the other tube amps I tried. Taken to another level when combined with the Rogue RP-7 preamp. I ordered a set. Big and heavy.

" Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III ($3k) - Auditioned this. My favorite integrated. Retains the natural sound of the Rogue Audio ST-100. Loses out slightly to the ST-100+RP-7 combo in soundstage. Still a fantastic bargain imo."

I also have Rogue Cronus Magnum fitted with Nos tubes of Telefuken 12ax7 and Mullard 12au7.

Thus I will also try to experiment with it after I am back to my home on January next year.

1 Like

I can’t figure out if I should go for
A. World Peace
B. My Lost Youth

Dang it. Missed the coupon.

6 Likes

Dang. I just clicked on this topic, Re-read that and thought, “gee, that sounds like me.”

3 Likes