What music have you been listening to this past week?

I think you may like this…it was made more popular by a certain Cyber punk game trailer recently… Which I’m very much excited for!

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I can only award one like instead of two. One for 2077, another for this track.

OMG I want this game to release soon!

2 Likes

Concur!!! I 100% the last Witcher game all the way to Blood and Wine DLC…needless to say Samurai and Cyberpunk are my other two favorite genre of games… that and indie games especially side scrollers… my latest favorite is Katana Zero mmmm…I may need to run through that game again…

1 Like

It may be completely different, but I hear shades of The Velvet Underground.

1 Like

On the topic of cyberpunk… (NSFW, probably)

The name of the song is Clockwork by Hyper.
The video is from the TV show Love, Death & Robots, ep. “Sonnie’s Edge”.

2 Likes

I’ll omit the specifics, but the last five days have had me firmly ensconced in the rich musical embrace of Nashville, TN.

I am not, at the best of times, what one might reasonably describe as a country music “fan”. I have no particular disdain for it; I don’t turn it off it comes on the “radio” (or whatever passes for such in the various streaming tools I use), and there’s a decent number of genre-artists I think are, without question, fabulous … but I do not, broadly, seek it out - either.

It is, as with many things, “a different beast” when experienced in person. Be it live performances at the “Grand Ole Opry” or at one of the Honky Tonk bars on Broadway … I have been resolutely spoiled over the last few days. So much so, that I wound up buying a whole bunch of country material that would normally be relegated to streaming-listening, loading it up on the Cayin N8 (which I actually took with me … normally I’d consider something like it too heavy/large for a short trip), and just “indulging”.

Well worth the time if you’re in the area … hell, well worth the time for a dedicated visit.

Now … I did not make it to Memphis on this trip … I think that warrants an excursion of it’s own …

3 Likes

Good for you. Many styles of music are to me like cheese. Much better when disclosure rules don’t make you add the word “product” to the box. American cheese? That’s OK. American Cheese Product? Not so much.

I don’t care so much for Western (Hollywood) music product, either. Or pop music product.

The obligatory non sequitur is that when an interviewer asked Frank Zappa to describe what kind of music he created, he simply replied, “Pop”.

2 Likes

New album dropped today from The Heavy. If you like a bit of rock and soul with lots of horns…

2 Likes

I always like power blues horns.

I really enjoy these guy’s. I have only bought one full album (well two now), but I have bought singles off several albums. I must have two to two and a half hours of their music now. It’ll get your head bobbin’ and your feet tappin’, if you like horn work at all.

I might even compare them to a dinosaur outfit called Blood, Sweat and Tears.:grin:

Shane D

1 Like

listening On my ZMF Aeolus<–BHC<–ADI-2DAC… mmm…and some Willetts Pot still reserve bourbon…gonna go poor some Rye for fRyeday :wink:

Man, it is good to be home with my new toy =)

3 Likes

So your reply had me going back to some other dinosaurs. I recall some serious trumpet in early Butterfield Blues Band, but couldn’t find any streaming version of my vinyl “Blues Parade” album. I’ll have to dig that out and listen and read the liner notes. There were two notable trumpet players with Butterfield. There are cuts of the song on You Tube…

So what I did find was on Tidal, their 2nd album, East-West, from 1966. A very nice 48khz 24bit MQA that enhances to 192khz.

No horns on this, but plenty of harmonica, and Elvin Bishop on the other lead guitar before he formed Electric Flag. Just a really fine album.

Music chain is Mac Mini to iFi xDSD in line-out mode driving the Mjolnir-modified STAX SRM-T1S tube amp and my venerable STAX SR-5Ns. Sounds great, and several times during this post I completely lost my train of thought and just listened to the music. Mark Naftalin’s keyboards are great.

1 Like

I found this album 24 or 25 years ago in my search for more stuff of Vangelis. A masterpiece IMO of progressive rock.
Spotify and Amazon music don’t have it( don’t know Tidal) . It is on Youtube , but not sure if is ok to post that link in here. Is an album I enjoy like the first time every time.

2 Likes

Horns (sax) grabbed me 46 years ago, at 13 years old, with Dark Side of the Moon.
Forty years after that album, I dipped my toes into Miles Davis.
Life is certainly a long circular trip, isn’t it?:slightly_smiling_face:

Shane D

PS: if you like rock and horns, have you tried Trombone Shorty? I have all four of his albums. He is Jazz, rock, pop, etc. LOT of fun.

2 Likes

I’ve listened to a lot of sax, being a Stanley Turrentine fan. And Miles, yeah I’ve seen him live, and use Mercy Mercy Mercy from Live at the Club as one of my usual test tracks.

1 Like

OMG OMG On Tidal, added recently
The Beatles (White Album/Super Deluxe). Six Disc set, with some versions I’ve never heard before. 48K FLAC, 24 bit, MQA 96Khz FIVE AND A HALF HOURS!

Disc 3 has some acoustic versions. (Esher Demo) Listening now.
The White Album is just one of my all time favorites. From Back in the USSR all the way to Good Night.

The above links to the album on TIDAL

This is a real treat. OMG OMG

2 Likes

really enjoying this album tonight

2 Likes

I have never heard of Stanley Turrentine. I’ll look into him.

Shane D

1 Like

Stanley kicks butt. I can certainly see why he tends to cross over with Freddie Hubbard.

Shane D

1 Like
4 Likes