What’s getting boxed up?

Ok so we have a what’s in the box but what about what is getting boxed up? Lots of people sell stuff to either change their sound or upgrade/downgrade. Interested in seeing what people are moving on from.

To start out I sold my Ampsandsound EL84 amp because I feel my Mogwai SE+ does everything it does but better and needed to free up some money for something coming very soon!! (Stay tuned as it’s a doozy!!)

I did really like it and will definitely plan in the future in getting another EL84 amp and/or dozing a EL84 amp build, due to all the extra tubes I acquired for it.

15 Likes

Tracking the days between an item appearing “in the box” and this thread could deliver valuable analytical data…

6 Likes

Interesting topic! I’ll list the gear I’ve decommissioned in the past year or two;

• FiiO M6 - Wanted to try a modern-day DAP, but the tiny screen and laggy UI made using it a major hassle, so I preferred using my phone. Later I bought the M11 Pro, which I still own and enjoy, as it has a much more usable UI and a sound worth owning a DAP for.

• Sennheiser GSX1000 - Didn’t sound much/any better than my PC’s onboard audio, and the feature set can easily be substituted and even surpassed for free by using EqualizerAPO + HeSuVi. So I returned it and bought a JDS Labs The Element (gen 1), which I liked a lot.

• JDS Labs The Element - I wanted to prepare for a high-end headphone purchase, so I bought into the measurement memes and got a Grace SDAC-B and a THX AAA 789, and gave my Element away to a good friend of mine.

• Grace SDAC-B + THX AAA 789 - Upgraded to a Schiit Bifrost 2 + Asgard 3, both of which I much prefer sonically.

• Sennheiser HD25 (75y anniversary ltd edition) - Liked it a lot, like a Porta Pro 2.0, but gave it away to the same friend who I gave my Element to, since he lost his job in the event industry due to covid, and he got into DJ’ing as a hobby, which the HD25 is perfect for.

• Sony WH-1000XM3 - My Samsung Galaxy Buds+ took its place as my on the go pick, since the size and comfort benefits outweigh the benefits of ANC for me, and I mostly prefer the sound of the Buds+ as well.

• Drop Panda - Pre-ordered it, and while it surely sounded pretty good (as far as wireless headphones are concerned), it just wasn’t comfortable after 1 hour of use, so I ended up selling it.

• TinHiFi T2 - Bought for €26 to find out what the hype was about, thought it was great for that price, then upgraded to the T4 and gave the T2 away.

• TinHiFi T4 - Liked it, solid upgrade from the T2, but eventually upgraded to a FiiO FH7 which I currently still own.

5 Likes

I LOVE this thread. :joy: Just missed some boxing up this afternoon, but in the spirit of kicking things off:

Chord Mojo - going on loan to a friend / work colleague who is earlier on in their hi-fi journey
Sylvania “bad boy” 6SN7GT tubes - returning to eBay seller. They sounded dull - probably got a bad pair.

1 Like

Magnius and Modius, sold to some rando on Reddit. - (For a much heftier price than I listed them for my pals at headphones.com. Just sayin)

5 Likes

This is my dead Arya that I sent back last week for a replacement.

I’m hoping for some kind of mix-up and they send me back a Susvara. :crossed_fingers::grin:

9 Likes

This is actually an action shot of these headphones getting boxed up. I asked the seller to take a “proof of ownership” photo as he boxed them up to send to me. You can see the bubble wrap in the picture. I’ll be waiting by the door until Wednesday.

9 Likes