What's in the box!

D8000 Pro Limited Edition is in the house. Aesthetics and build quality are some of the best I’ve seen in headphones.

Thanks for the headphones.com crew for delivering overnight again! Was pleasantly surprised to learn this is in stock yesterday and already listening to it now.

31 Likes

Holy god. Well done, sir.

If you don’t end up liking the Washi paper pads you can sell them to me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nanuk 938 case for my Gungnir x Folkvangr stack.

The 935 looked like it would fit everything (and the posted interior dimensions made it seem that way), but the cutouts for the wheel wells and pull handle intruded too far into the inside of the case so I had to go one size up. Thankfully Amazon has a good return policy and Glazer’s had the 938 in stock so I snagged the 938 during my lunch break.

Please excuse the dirty windows - they are finally cleaning them for the first time since the pandemic started, but they started on the other side of the building.

Regards,
Vic

17 Likes

I’ll excuse the dirty windows but that view…inexcusable…it’s just horrible!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Didn’t know these existed. Man I need these…They look incredible!! Seriously really really like the look…and how a headphone looks is obviously super important!:laughing: Impressions needed when you’ve had some time!! Congrats

3 Likes

I know, it’s only tolerable during the best of times! :joy:

Regards,
Vic

Very cool. That is Canadian made. :wink:

1 Like

Just so I’m clear… this is to carry your DAC and FV between home and office?? That’s some serious dedication! Love it!

Also, you can help your company save on heating bills by running the FV. :rofl:

FWIW, the FV is my favorite amp (with the right cans). Truly next level with the right pairing and totally worth the heat it puts out!

2 Likes

Yes, that’s correct. The 938 will also be used to transport the stack to any local meetups - depending on how tomorrow’s Kenmore meetup goes.

I’m still working on the optimal configuration, but it’ll most likely be (from bottom to top):
Foam
Gungnir Multibit
Foam
Folkvangr
Foam

This should provide the best protection for the components. I’m carrying the tubes separately.

Regards,
Vic

2 Likes

I was going to ask about this too! :joy:

I didn’t even think about meetups and allowing others to then get to listen to the FV, especially since they are all gone now! Very cool idea!!

2 Likes

I was going to say “You aren’t carrying the tubes in with the components?” and you aren’t. Wise man.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

A man’s got to know his limitations.

I’m currently using the supplied cardboard and foam cartons, but I plan on using a seperate case for the tubes.

Regards,
Vic

1 Like

A box. Inside the box.
Well played.

1 Like

IYKYK… :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

WE300B, Danacable Lazuli Reference w/ Furutech XLR for Utopia, ZMF Eikon Bocote LTD

23 Likes

BE-A-UTIFUL! Into which amplifier are you placing the 300Bs?

1 Like

Thanks! I’m rotating them in my Eddie Current Studio B amp along with Elrog 300B Mo tubes.

1 Like

Wow, what an assortment of goodies! :+1:

I’ll be curious what you think about the Eikons, I considered getting a set but they’re gone now. Which is just as well, I have too many ZMFs already! :laughing:

Correction they are still for sale. When I didn’t see them in the ZMF November section I figured they were gone, since I think he said there were only 20 anyway.

I still shouldn’t even think about it!

2 Likes

Nice…looks like you’ve got a nice weekend ahead!

1 Like

I first plugged the Eikons at my work setup where I just use a JDS Element 3. Now I’ve been listening to Utopia OG and Abyss 1266 a lot lately on my main setup and coming from those 2, at first I was very underwhelmed but understandably so. However, Eikons scaled quite well when I paired them with my Studio B. Obviously they still don’t have the detail of Utopia or the bass of 1266 but that’s not a fair comparison.

Chain : Qobuz → Roon → May KTE → EC Studio B → ZMF Lektrik S → Eikon

The best I can describe them is a bit fuzzy but with a decent stage, more than good but not thunderous bass, well balanced across the FR (to my ear), good tonality and that usual ZMF warm-ish neutral house sound that is very subjectively musical to me and makes me keep returning to their headphones.

Overall I’m quite happy with them at the price I got them, especially for a closed back which I don’t have many of. I like having variety during a 5-6 hour listening session and these definitely provide that and they are definitely super comfortable and easy on the eyes so grab em while they last!

4 Likes