When modest setups sound great (moving from rig to rig)

@MRHifiReviews, Your comment comes at a great time in my listening here. I have been listening to my tube rig (MAD+Mods) and have been alternating between a Brimar Yellow T and an Amperex Bugle Boy. Each time I switch I think, “This is the best”. Both are great tubes. They both do things just a bit differently. I think my brain adapts to hear each as “usual”. Alternating seems to make each listening session exciting.

4 Likes

Still better than owning a Camry haha

1 Like

I wouldn’t drive my Lambo with Camry tires. That’s just showing everyone how I can’t afford a lambo to begin with. I’ll drive a Camry any day than looking like a complete idiot with my money :rofl:

3 Likes

I love Toyota. Reliable AF.

6 Likes

All told, I’ve spent more on headphones than I ever have on cars. I paid more for my used pair of Clear and my b-stock LCD2-C than I did on my most expensive car. I’ve clearly got my priorities right :grinning:.

(Obviously, huge caveats apply here: that car was an absolute beater, a very, very long-lived Subaru; I’m also lucky enough to live in a big city where owning a car isn’t essential and, if anything, is more of a hassle; I may have to spend more on IEMs, though, for commuting).

3 Likes

AF?
Acronym Finder suggests Auto Focus, Air Filter, Air Force, Air France, American Flag, Aviation Fuel, Atrial Flutter, Athletes Foot, Aretha Franklin, Audio Frequency, Adoptive Father, Amniotic Fluid, Address Field, Amphibious Force, and Anglo-French among others.

Air Freshener, Aeon Flux, and Ant Flo (with a meaning I would never have thought)

Which AF do you mean?

2 Likes

Aficionado - as in Eddie Current?

1 Like

I’m a big fan of the Aeon Flux interpretation. But this one, not the Charlize Theron version.

6 Likes

Urban Dictionary’s definition.

3 Likes

Maybe he needs it in more sentences.

“That was lit AF fam”

4 Likes

Yeah, try it again. But if you’re a bass-head, don’t even bother. No miracles in that field. :wink:

Every journey (and budget) is personal, but my goal today, if I may, is to find what I can hear different with my 600/6XX cans. Or, in an analogy world: “taking as much blood from these stones as possible”.

HD 600/6XX are still modest rigs, right? So I think I need to look after some other tires. :grinning:

3 Likes

i think i’m gonna wait for the revised hd600 to go down in price. hd600 are still modest but, of course, it depends on what u pair with it. :grinning:

1 Like

Definitely. It will always be there. I bought mine on a lightning deal, btw.

Budget matters. Specially on modest rigs. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes