ZMF Headphones - Official Thread

Not to say anything bad about the 789, but you will notice the performance of the Aeolus skyrocket going to a good OTL tube amp. There’s a ton of great stuff on the market that will give you everything wanted and more from the headphones you got. Marcello had good recommendations for excellent synergistic amps as Zach frequently comments on Ampsandsound and Feliks Audio being good pairings for his dynamics. Torq here in the forums wrote a spectacular review for the Pendant. Antdroid also had a very well written Elise MK2 review of his own on a separate thread. It might be in your best interest to watch Marcello’s comparison between these two on youtube if you have a good chunk of time. I personally lean heavy into a combination of warmth, pleasing mid range euphony, and a well spaced holographic stage. My budget was fairly limited because I didn’t want to make a huge jump in head first, so my choice was the Echo. That amp blew my mind being a massive step up from hybrids. Love both the Aeolus and Clears using it.

7 Likes