ZMF Eikon Official Discussion Thread
An Eikon [ī∙kän] is an image of the imagination, a dream. For Zach, founder of ZMF, that is what this first proprietary model represents.
"In developing the Eikon, I took the knowledge gained cutting my teeth on
t50rp mods and applied it to our wood cup design, creating a closed
headphone that won’t make you miss their open-backed counterparts."
The Eikon has the most sub-bass of any ZMF headphone, creating maximum rumble, downward sloping linearity and clear highs. The Eikon, along with the rest of the ZMF line-up, utilizes 300 Ohm drivers which, being higher impedance, also allow the user to hear incremental changes more easily with each alteration of their audio chain.
Currently, the stock wood for the Eikon is camphor. Learn more about our wood choices here.
- Impedance: 300 Ohms
- Driver: Biocellulose
- Weight: 530g
- Sensitivity: ~98dB/mW
- ZMF Stock Cable
- ZMF Pads
- ZMF Owner’s Card
- Your Choice of Carrying Case
- Lifetime Driver Warranty
- The upgraded magnesium chassis is more fragile than the standard aluminum chassis.
- The upgraded magnesium chassis is painted, not anodized, and may wear over time.
- If you purchase an upgrade cable, you will still receive the stock cable.
- All upgrade cables are 5.5 feet in length.
- All upgrade cables come with a ZMF splitter and either black sleeving or bare wire.
- Only one discounted upgrade cable can be purchased in a bundle with each set of headphones.
- To add a fully custom cable, check out our cables page!
I couldn’t find an official area to discuss yet so I thought for the owners of the Eikon or potential owers we could get a thread going!