ZMF Headphones - Official Thread

Switching from the stock leather Caldera perf to the suede Caldera perf was heaven sent esp w the seam pointed forward. Not sure what the heck happened but it made the entire picture so coherent and balanced; surprised since so many folks poopoo the suede pads (maybe my system is whacked :joy:).

Now I LOVE the Calderas. It’s the technical yet musical upgrade from the VOs that I was looking for.

10 Likes

Got my Ash Atrium Closed in today, and it’s a stunner! It’s a nice match with my Ash OG Auteur.

Took some artsy-fartsy ones too:

25 Likes

Wow, those are amazing! Absolutely gorgeous, what a pair. Congrats, you must be very happy!

I’m kinda jealous, but I can’t say it quite with a straight face, as I have this coming:

Eikon stabilized Maple Burl “Aureolin”, with Auteur Classic drivers. :+1: :laughing:

15 Likes

Congratulations Chris, that’s a very beautiful matching set of hps!

5 Likes

Happy cake day David! :+1: :birthday:

5 Likes

Thanks Jonathan! Happy Cake Day to you too!:+1::sunglasses:

3 Likes

ZMF appreciation night

18 Likes

Beautiful!

You could get Casey to do a stand that goes with your AC, he will do requests on color/materials. Check out some of his designs, I have several of his stands. All are very nice :+1:

https://midwinterdesignworks.blogspot.com/search/label/headphone%20stand

2 Likes

That’s a great observation, and I completely agree with the Harbeth comparison. Spot on.

ZMF has released the April series of new stabilized models.

OMG my green dreams come true :grin::heart_eyes:

8 Likes

That Atrium Closed definitely caught my eye, wow!

Too bad I’m tapped out financially

2 Likes

If everything works out:

&

These have been ordered, we will see if and when they will be delivered to germany. :person_shrugging:

10 Likes

Fantastic! You went all in, didn’t you?

I bet you’ll like at least one of them
 :wink: I’ll take the Caldera off your hands if it disappoints :smile:

1 Like

Anyone here ordered the ZMF Aegis amplifier? It looks very interesting, though a bit out of my price range! :laughing: :cry:

2 Likes

Jonathan:

I no longer can visit this headphone website–both of my antivirus/antimalware programs go nuts & won’t allow the connection. So I’m replying this way.

I have a loaner ZMF Aegis here. Recently posted a review of it on Head-Fi. For a week or two it was the only review, though that might have changed by now (my Head-Fi name is Pharmaboy).

Here’s the lowdown on this amp:

• It’s not just good. It’s scary good. It’s a new mousetrap kind of good. And that’s with stock tubes, which sound great

• The design is novel, not used before in a commercially available transformer coupled tube headphone amp. Based on what I hear, the design totally works.

• Sell some stuff and find the $$ for this thing. It’s that good. I mean, we each have 2 kidneys for a reason, right?

Seriously, the last thing I need is another headphone amp. But everytime I fire it up, I fantasize about keeping it.

Thanks for listening,

Peter

9 Likes

Wish I hadn’t seen this
been looking at this amps videos and other feedback for the last hour now. That design is just my cup of tea!! and VUs!!!
feel like I need one of these. :grimacing: I need an intervention

2 Likes

You are not alone my friend!

1 Like

The Aegis would be more tempting to me if they put preamp outputs on it, since my headphone amps double as preamps. It does look good though.

3 Likes

I’m sure most have already heard, but there is a new drop of Stabilized Atriums & Calderas tomorrow, along with gorgeous Salire stands, cables, and presentation boxes

8:30 AM CST/13:30 UTC

3 Likes

Anyone order anything ZMF today? Lots of beautiful stuff! :+1:

It was order day for Modhouse Tungsten today too, at least very briefly. I managed to get an order for a double-sided one with custom grills before they sold out again! :+1:

4 Likes