ZMF Headphones - Official Thread

M R Purdy !!! Man I’m jealous, those are so nice !!

1 Like

My Verite has now arrived, not as painful waiting this time compared to the first ZMF purchase.

Used them for a few days, for me this is much more pleasant and full sounding than my Aeolus. Drums hit fast and hard, voices are not so intimate as on the Aeolus. Verite sounds good with every genre I’ve tried so far, specially like metal with them. They hit hard and fast similar to my LCD2C, and also sound more complete.

Anyways happy Verite owner :grinning:

23 Likes

Sorry if you already posted this answer–but what wood is that VO? It’s very pretty, but I can’t identify it.

I have a silkwood VO & love that thing to pieces…

Silkwood with a darker stain, beautiful grain and color👌

3 Likes

Well guys, having now had the Verite for 3 months I can confidently say it’s not just infatuation, it’s true love. Verite is definitely my favorite headphone, by a mile. When I first heard it, I was used to the brighter sound signatures of HD800S & Arya, so it took me a couple of weeks of brain burn-in to really understand and appreciate what Verite brings to the party. I have since come to adore its warm refined presentation, and while the 800S & Arya still have their niches, it’s the Verite I reach for 9 times out of 10 and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. Honestly, if I had to give up everything except for Verite & MEST mkii I would kinda be fine with that, they’re really all I need. In that sense you could even call it endgame. Bravo ZMF. :headphones::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

23 Likes

Nice. What are your go-to pads?

We may be Borky eskimo stand bros.

2 Likes

Universe lambskin perforated. It only took a few minutes with the BE2 & Verite pads to realize I’m all Universe all the time.

Love the stand. I got the black hornbeam & mahogany stand for my HD800S and like it so much I ordered the burl & hornbeam for the Verite. Alhough for some reason the burl stand is like twice as thick as the other one, so they look odd next to each other. Kinda drives home that it’s a handmade piece of art, though, I guess. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Same! Love the universe pads with the VO.
Congrats! They’re beautiful.

2 Likes

Cool. Likewise. With the VC, I preferred Auteur and Be2. Go figure. All with Mogwai SE.

He does good work, handmade pieces for sure.

3 Likes

I generally listen to Verite on Valhalla 2, I haven’t plugged it in to the A90 in months. Verite + Valhalla 2 with my NOS Siemens tubes feels like a perfect match, not sure I’m very motivated to upgrade my tubes yet. I am curious how it would sound on high end solid state, though. I’m seriously considering a Violectric V550, just kinda waiting for some reviews since there’s really not many out there yet. But I digress.

3 Likes

Another shoutout for Borykworkshop on Etsy. The quality of his headphone stands is silly good for the price. If I didn’t fear for the life of my precious Verite Closed with my rambunctious kids in the house, I’d be using the stand more often. At the moment, I routinely use a zipper case to keep my ZMF’s safe in between uses.

4 Likes

Absolutely. I see SO MANY headphone stands that aren’t even in the same ballpark for very nearly the same price and I really want to say “bro, no.”

I love wood I hope you too … by Borykworkshop on Etsy

Worth every cent.

4 Likes

Sure looks like Olive wood.

1 Like

How long did it take from order to delivery? I’m waiting patiently for mine.

I’ve enjoyed ZMFs + Valhalla 2 during my visits to the Schiitr. The Violectric V550 looks promising for serious solid state.

Thanks again for introducing me to them. I own 2.

3 Likes

I think one of those new owners of the Ltd Olive VC should snatch up the last Olive Ash Burl Boryk stand on Etsy. I have one with my Manchurian Ash VC’s and love it, though it would be a perfect match with the Olive VC.

12 Likes

And just because I couldn’t resist snapping a few pictures of my VC’s in the lamp light…

17 Likes

Bought the last walnut burl to go with my walnut burl Pendant SE!

7 Likes

Do these put pressure on the pads at all? For example, the two type of stands I own now, the salire and woo stands just let the pads rest. Do these let the headphones just set without clamp pressure?

1 Like

There’s a little clamping pressure on the pads, but the shape of the stand makes it very minimal. I haven’t noticed any issue with premature pad wear.

2 Likes