ZMF Vérité C - Closed-Back Dynamic Headphone - Official Thread

Thanks guys.

My wife already makes fun of me when I wear the D9200. She’ll have a field day of I wore these while out with her. :sweat_smile:

I’ve got to try these somehow.

3 Likes

Got some info from Zach about the Verite C at the recent CanJam show. Figured I’d post that here:

It’s interesting to hear his comments on the pads - especially the sonic impact of flatter pads that bring the beryllium coated driver forward. I need to get my hands on the various versions of the Suede Verite pads.

I’m hopeful that I’ll get to review the Verite C soon, but I’m sure it’s challenging to get units out to reviewers because they’re constantly making them for customers, as @metal571 said. I think there are a number of us on the list haha.

9 Likes

There are a few owners on this forum that would probably lend you a pair for review. :blush:

For sure, I just want to be able to take my time with it - and not deprive someone of what is likely their favorite headphone for any stretch of time haha.

4 Likes

It’s a small a sacrifice for our community…
(Says this non VC owner :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

2 Likes

@Resolve it was a great interview, good to hear he is building a decoder chart for the pad on the website.

2 Likes

Just got my shipping notice. Looking forward to hearing such high end cans for the first time, as this was a blind order based on reviews here.

5 Likes

Nice!

From everything that’s been said here, you should be very happy. :wink:

1 Like

Yep, I trust they will be great. Shout out to @Resolve for his Verite review that got me seriously considering the Verite line over the Auteur. And then to @Monsterzero, @Torq, and @TylersEclectic for delivering the final blows and convincing me to go with the closed versions. :laughing:

9 Likes

Congrats. The VC is my fav headphone. IMO simply spectacular,so much so that my VO has been collecting dust since September,and im one of the guys Zach mentioned in the excellent interview that @Resolve did that typically prefers open backs.

What amp will you be using with it?

7 Likes

I’m just starting on the higher end, so I’m sticking with my “decent” source / amp chain of D50 -> THX 789 for a bit.

Once I can save up, I’m debating between a good tube vs a TOTL solid state like the Phonitox XE. Even before the amp, I may upgrade the DAC to an ADI2 DAC fs or a Bifrost 2, since the 789 is good enough to come close to the better amps. Any strong recs for amp upgrades from the 789?

Well,im partial to my Glenn. Most of the Glenn owners have at least one ZMF in their collection,and Zach has three Glenns. :slight_smile:

I havent heard the Pendant,so I cant say how they compare,but based upon Zach’s comments in the interview,it sounds like the Glenn’s sound can be changed more by rolling. I can get mine to sound silly warm/lush,or super fast,transparent, solid state sounding,and anything in between.

All that being said, the VC sounds awesome thru all of my vintage solid state receivers as well,so you probably cant go wrong regardless,but the VC scales,and loves a clean,tight chain feeding it.

6 Likes

Yep, I’m gonna let it run from SS for now till I can demo some Tubes in person (maybe at Canjam Socal) before going down that route.

My VC on my new Salire stand… love me some ZMF! Took this with my iPhone 11 base model (waiting on the USB-C version before I go for the TOTL iPhone)

13 Likes

Looks good. I like the contrast in colors. :+1:t4:

@PapaEmeritus just got a new Salire in Pauduk (?) stained a darker brown that also looks nice. Maybe he’ll post a pick soon.

Those Salire stands look really nice.

1 Like

Zach usually brings his Glenn,the Pendant and a solid state amp to CanJams,so if you can make the SoCal Jam you should be able to a/b/c and draw your own conclusions. Be sure to ask Zach what tubes he is running in his Glenn as that will def impart a flavor to what youre hearing.

1 Like

Oh yes I will definitely talk to him then. I’ll take the amp upgrade slowly. I find that spotting differences and “upgrades” is way easier when you’re very used to the gear you have.

Yep, loving my Salire!

12 Likes

wow I really like that color/wood on the Salire. I dont need another one…

2 Likes

Yup, that’s them.

Very beautiful stand and headphones. :heart_eyes:

1 Like