ZMF Vérité C - Closed-Back Dynamic Headphone - Official Thread

Selling mine. They leak too much for me to ever be able to use them at the office :frowning:

I think I found a buyer for the headphones. Anyone want a basically new (used for 2 hours) 4 strand silver cable? 1/4 in

1 Like

How much for the cable?

Hey man,

So this is whats up, I got the Uni Lambskin non perf pads for my extra set.

I also went and placed and order for the ZMF stand, Auteur Lambskin, Auteur Suede, and Uni Suede Pads.

Looking forward to trying all the different sets of pads on the VC. Also going to buy the Auteur hopefully on Friday.

575 new. 475? Used for all of 2 hours

Closing in on 200 hours of burn-in. ZMF is right that the Verite Closed need this much. Even at 100 hours, they were still a little “tight”. Am listening to Keith Jarrett Standards I in MQA; it is an amazingly organic presentation. Stage space between the instruments is palpable, even between the piano and Jarrett vocalizing. Not only is it very present, it is comfortably so and non-fatiguing. No wonder these cans get so many raves.

It makes me wonder if some of the TOTL headphones and iems that did not appeal to me in the past just did not have enough burn-in time.

6 Likes

I doubt it. After a hundred or so headphone purchases, I think the physical burn-in experience with the Verite are pretty unique.

The only headphone I had which changed more than the Verite did after 200 hours was a pair of DT1770 , and that’s because both drivers failed. (Might have been an internal wiring issue, I never did find out as I simply returned them.)

5 Likes

These are just :star_struck: :heart_eyes: definitely one of the best closed-back cans!

16 Likes

Very nice… :+1:t4:

1 Like

Thanks! Glad you liked 'em! :headphones: :smiley:

1 Like

Those are amazing. That wood grain is art.

1 Like

Nice video from Zach:

8 Likes

He says “most isolating” they’ve made in that video. Does he just mean blocks sound coming in? The Verite Closed leak a lot of sound out.

Unless my pair was unusual for some reason?

I’ll assume Zach is talking about how much sound they shut out.

Here’s a graph (objective) that shows how much sound they keep in vs. some other closed back models:

The graph shows at what point a given frequency will be externally audible (at 1 meter) for a given audible (to the headphone listener) dB/SPL level.

5 Likes

Love this photo, set it has my wallpaper.

1 Like

Is there much of a sonic difference between Universe Lambskin and Universe Hybrid (Lambskin and Suede), or is is more of a difference in comfort?

2 Likes

Can’t answer that directly, but I can say there isn’t much difference between Auteur Lambskin and the Hybrids.

2 Likes

Thanks.

I actually emailed ZMF and Zach gave me a pretty thorough response.

Good people there. I’m glad to give them business. :+1:t4:

5 Likes

Last night I watched this YouTube sound demo of the VC with Eikon Suede pads installed and I liked what I heard(I’m aware of YouTube compression and other potential artifacts related to video resolution etc etc). Has any of the VC pad rollers tried them with such pads? I was wondering how they sound…kind of curious.

2 Likes

Perforated pads on the Vérité Closed are highly likely to result in significant changes in bass level. I’d be surprised if that changed much with suede vs. leather.

5 Likes

Now I understand the statement: “Verite Closed loves tubes”. This is next level performance that I’m getting from the VC paired with the HMS/Dave (Source) and WA33 amp, it feels like they were designed to be driven by powerful tube amps. Hats off to Zach. :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5:

6 Likes