ZMF Vérité C - Closed-Back Dynamic Headphone - Official Thread

Agreed!!
I cherrish my Campfire Polaris 2nd gen. IEM’s even more, after have heard how they sounded in the beginning. The bass was unbearable the first +5 hrs and then they opend up and now they are my preferred IEM’s.

:point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:This, with a big side of THIS :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

4 Likes

You don’t want to tell people off or attack them for anything. Like, you do you. I don’t actually care.

But the logic, to me, is flawed with all burn in like that. Enjoy the ride people.

1 Like

Are you suggesting I was attacking or telling someone off by agreeing with your post?? Strange times.

1 Like

No bud.

It was a comment on what I said originally. Tone obviously lost in text.

1 Like

No foul. Texts can easily be misinterpreted and I have had a long day. Apologies.

2 Likes

All good. Go slap some cans on and burn them in some more. Best burn in tune is your favourite music, volume of 85db or less.

3 Likes

They’re burnt in but I should slap them on more often…

1 Like

Slap hard son. Slap hard.

4 Likes

…and fast…wait…did this just get awkward :thinking:

2 Likes
  1. I’m not feeling awkward
  2. It’s only awkward if you make eye contact
4 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face: Helloooo

1 Like

I guess I should have asked ZMF. Here is their recommendation from their website:

“We highly recommend burn in for any ZMF headphone. Typically our headphones burn in with music at a medium to loud volume level (85 - 95 dB) for 200 hours. Pink noise, white noise or tones work as well.”

1 Like

They also test them extensively before they even hit your door.

1 Like

Hey guys I just ordered myself a set of VC’s, super pumped.

What pads do you guys recommend for both neutral and warm sound signatures.

Thanks
John

2 Likes

Congrats! I would start with the supplied pads first to see how you like them. The Auteur pads come on the headphone, and are more neutral sounding, with a larger soundstage. The Universe pads are warmer and more intimate sounding. I personally prefer the Universe pads for fun listening, but switch to the Auteur pads for classical, as it better stretches out the stage, and helps with instrument congestion and separation.

1 Like

What set did you go with?

So I picked the EI suede and the Vertie pads.

Wait, I made a mistake I ordered the Auteur pads instead of the Verite pads, I emailed Zach about it.

If he cannot fix its OK, its my mistake. I actually have the Uni Pads and the Verite both perf. They came with my V open. So maybe its a good thing I am getting the Auteur pads.

1 Like

He’ll fix it, wouldn’t be too worried.

Perforated pads won’t work though, keep that in mind.

You want the solid options.

I should clarify. Closed headphone’s Bass is a liquid. If you put pads on with holes in them the liquid gets out, and you’re left thirsty for the bass. And bass liquid smeared all over your jawline and collarbones.

2 Likes