ZMF Vérité C - Closed-Back Dynamic Headphone - Official Thread

My sister was a bit like that. We have two pictures in our family photo album taken in Etosha National Park in Namibia at the same time. On one side of the car: a herd of 80 elephants. On the other, my sister reading The Hobbit.

5 Likes

here the same- “IT” broke something
read everywhere for hours and days …all from S. K. and other stuff like Carlos Castaneda, Wofgang Hohlbei, etc… beeing maybe to young for this

The Eddie current jr is in near future- possible and I like the design

I do not solder but maybe would do a build with my father - such things connect + he loves telling me what to do, has all one could need for that project(except the special “audio” solder with lead) and I would have to calm down

have found this little fella(Cayin HA-1A) for 650 used https://www.ebay.de/i/123892530023

4 Likes

Reading, before first grade - Swiss Family Robinson, Treasure Island, Robinson Crusoe - before Junior High School - Isaac Asimov, Ray Bradbury, H. Beam Piper, Keith Laumer - High School I was reading source materials in the University’s library where I would eventually work during my College days. Never cared for Clowns, many of them were just too creepy.

Break-In, yes you do want to have the ZMFs you audition be used to the point where they have worked in all their mechanical components.

I like the looks of the Cayin, but it’s out of my price range right now. Small steps, Small steps I keep telling myself.

Mark Gosdin

4 Likes

hey Mark - wonderful literature for a young person and for all ages you managed to get your hands on
so good for the fantasy and the little discoverer in us!

yes the break in - makes total sense - but why not listen thru it - not a fan of white or pink noise running for days

yes small steps - you are so right and sometimes a little rest :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah Bottlehead =) You should see the work Paladin79 does over on Head-fi! He makes some pretty amazing steam-punk looking builds…they are crazy (in a good way).

2 Likes

Wow we had similar reading around that time… I think one of my favorites was Mitchners Hawaii took me a week to read it! But it really pulled me in, made me really love Hawaii. Catcher in the Rye comes to mind as well…

I also read the entire Xanth series (it got me into fantasy books)

A ton of the ShadowRun books (love me some Cyberpunk…add fantasy elements and wham peanut butter chocolate :wink: )

All the Bourne Identity books (plus Ludlums other books loved his writing!) I read these books multiple times each (great books…I want to read them again now… :thinking:)

Read Trevanian books (Eiger Sanction and Shibumi comes to mind)

Really too many books to list, I wish I would have kept a list of all my completed books that would be cool to go back over =)

Like my music, my reading is very eclectic lol… especially as I got older and exposed to more authors…

Really enjoyed Robert Heinlein’s works (I have read a bunch of his books multiple times over)

I was way into Chuck Palahniuck in my early 20’s (read fight club well over a dozen times) plus his other works…but then he got to on the nose later on with his novels…but still fun reads…Monster was another great book of his.

I’ve actually switched to Audible (commuting and listening to books is a good way to cover that time) but it isn’t the same as holding a book in your hand.

Back on track!!! ahhh Need an Off-topic book club here lol

Verite Closed! Was listening to them last night while editing photos… I think I can say for sure this headphone is one of the most relaxing and overall enjoyable headphones I’ve heard…Zach has really outdone himself here! I can’t wait to see what he does with my pair I’m ordering =) I look forward to showing it off

4 Likes

I quite enjoy the tangents of many of these threads. We’re not robots spewing stats, we’re humans sharing our experiences and that’s a good thing.

3 Likes

Concur! still good to get back on track or at least bring full circle to the topic at hand :wink: but it is good to have organic tangents come from comments =) I’m mostly a how I feel about a thing type writer less a stats person…because what matters to me is my enjoyment of something :wink: and if that helps others find enjoyment in a thing than awesome…but I know I do come off Hype-Train(ish) with my writing style but ah well…if I like something I’ll want to talk about it more…if I don’t well I’ll write what I like and move on :wink:

3 Likes

I appreciate the sincerity in your writing. Besides, we not spending all of this time and money to flex stats, it’s about the enjoyment of what we’re listening to, right?

Looking forward to hearing these at some point.

3 Likes

To be honest,the hardest part about reviewing the VC,for me,will be trying to be completely objective without sounding hype-train-ish.
I like the VC that much!

6 Likes

My VC review is live

https://youtu.be/1RBJZYtFmoE

9 Likes

Very nice review man!

5 Likes

Well, now I want the Verite C just because you said it was great for rock and metal :open_mouth:

1 Like

The speed,imaging,dynamics and texture all simply shred melodeath,thrash and speed,three genres that trips up the VO,and most other dynamic headphones IMO.but the VC slays them.

2 Likes

Appreciate the feedback man. I enjoy and respect your reviews,so it means a lot.

4 Likes

Terrific review! Love the way you take your time & really run down the sonic details of each headphone you review.

3 Likes

Thank you Pharma!

1 Like

I also really enjoyed your review. I’m interested in the way you compared the VO with Universe pads to the VC with Auteur non perforated pads, especially in terms of how you found the VC sound signature more suitable to metal and rock. This it seems is primarily because the mids - guitar and vocals are more forward with the VC, lower treble is more emphasized and the bass is less present but tighter. This is how I find the VO to sound with the Verite pads compared to with the Universe pads (a more neutral FR, although I prefer the Universe pads), along with the fact that the stage is smaller or less dispersed, which is also what I think you said about the VC.

So, I am wondering how you find the VO sounds with Verite pads in comparison to the VC with the Auteur pads? Is the VO with Verite pads closer to the VC with the Auteur pads in your view?

1 Like

My adapter for my preferred rectifier died a few days ago. I have a new one being shipped to me on monday,but its coming in from Bulgaria. Normally I’d use one of my other rectifiers,but my GZ34,GZ32 and the Sylvania 5U4G add unwanted flab to the VC bass.

Give me a week or so,and PM me or reply here to remind me,and I will compare the two with the different pads.

1 Like

nice review

2 Likes