Audeze LCD-5 - Official Thread

Surprised by your comments on stream today.

Curious, do you stand the same even with Susvara on speaker amp?

Have you tried both on speaker amps to be able to sense a difference and quantify or describe?

Here is my stab at replicating slightly modified Oratory EAPO eq values for ADI-2 (reduced the bass shelf closer to older Harman target), which I have been enjoying. I don’t have the ADI-2 yet, it is arriving tomorrow. But figured I would try to prepare values to plug and play once it arrives, since there isn’t exisiting ADI-2 presets for the LCD-5. Basically a low shelf, high shelf, and 5 peak values in between. Used overlay of the original graph, got it to match up pretty well I think. Any input is appreciated!

Uploading: adi2lcd5values.PNG…

3 Likes

You derived from Oratory’s RME LCD5?

Oh wth where did you find that lol. I couldn’t find RME preset for LCD 5 from Oratory, only LCD 4. So I spent like 30min deriving one from his Apo values lol

Lol, I stumbled upon it on Reddit looking for his original settings and was like , “What the heck is this?”

Haha, I wonder why it hasn’t yet been added to the Wiki list of RME presets. Well I don’t want to toot my own horn, but I think my values were able to match the original EQ curve a little better :rofl:, main difference being the upper treble range. I’ll prob try them both out and see
Here’s curve from the Oratory RME with the APO values overlay

1 Like

I’ve been wearing the LCD-5 pretty much all-day for past few weeks I noticed yesterday afternoon (and continuing today) that my right ear is now touching the driver. Has anyone else experienced this? It becomes painful after an hour or so unfortunately. I’m assuming it’s happening because the ear pads have softened over time.

Before I spend time trying to find a solution, I thought I’d ask and see if someone else has already experienced this and found a nice solution. :slight_smile:

I had this happen with the original clampy headband. No longer with the new, less clampy one.

2 Likes

Pads are a normal wear item. They smush down as a function of band pressure (clamp) and the composition of the pads. I smushed my HD-600 pads several times, each failing purely as a function of wear time.

It’s a known fact that ears, like mushrooms, grow in the dark. Wearing an over-ear headphone with opaque housing and earpads creates a cave-like environment, moistened by sweat. You may also notice growths in the ear canal, both from the top, “audiotites” and from the bottom, “audiomites”.

Using transparent, inflatable earpads is one solution. Loudspeakers is another. I sincerely hope this helps.

7 Likes

This. Was. Amazing. :grinning:

1 Like

Welp, unfortunately never really got to enjoy the RME preset much, the ADI-2 LCD screen gives off a very high pitched 15kHz+ squeal. A bit lower pitched and more noticeable at lower brightnesses. Other than having the screen go auto-off, there is no way to fix this. It seems to be a well documented problem for people with sensitive hearing (ADI-2 DAC audible squeak from device (Page 1) — ADI-2 Pro & ADI-2 DAC — RME User Forum, High pitched sound/coil whine when the screen is on. (Page 1) — ADI-2 Pro & ADI-2 DAC — RME User Forum) with no real fix… So away it goes and back to my Conductor 3XP and EAPO lol

So, what are the values for your eq for the rme adi-2. I can’t seem to see them in the curve/graph you posted. Wanted to give it a try

You can refer to official values above, or these which I got after playing around with it.

3 Likes

Currently really enjoying this EQ profile for the LCD-5.

So far this is the best I have got it for my taste.

8 Likes

For those that have LCD-5 or CRBN headphones, and use Roon, the presets for these were added in the latest Roon 2.0 update.

They’re the same EQ profile as the individual convolution filter files Audeze provided a few months ago, but these are easier to use and you can use the “Customize” option to adjust how wet/dry they are.

4 Likes
5 Likes

I’d like to take this chance and tell you about an amazing experience I had with guys from a company called Audeze
I lost a very expensive pair of headphones among other stuff when hurricane Ian hit Florida not too long ago. Due to the nature of my work, I was absent when that happened, but, with the help of friend, I managed to retrieve my stuff, and then we put enormous effort into desperately trying to revive the equipment by rinsing it in distilled water, and what not… Of course, having been exposed to saltwater for two days – there wasn’t much we could do.
Then came in the guys from Audeze. I addressed them by email seeking counsel and asking them to take the headphones in for inspection. I just wanted to know if there is any hope… But the guys went above and beyond. They offered to replace them with a brand-new pair. I was: “like, what? Are your for real? Someone please pinch me, am I tripping or dreaming!”, but the guy on the other side replied: “You’re cool… Live long and prosper. ”… I honestly wasn’t sure if it is going to happen, but then, one day, my friend texted me I got a package, and it says Audeze on the box!
I mean, c’mon, who does that? Who replaces 5K$ pair of cans for you just because: "We have no problem taking care of few of our customers. "?
Sincerely, it is not like I am buying gear from them every month, so they are looking to keep my cash flowing in. I just bought something that should last me a 10+ years and most likely I will not buy anything else in a while, if ever… Look, those guys spitted out that kind of money on me (me=nobody), clearly without any reasonable expectation that it is going to bring them profit in the long run. They just did it because they care. Like, there is someone over there that genuinely cares. I mean, c’mon, how often do you stumble upon a company that cares? No profit is involved!
If you want a good pair of headphones, a truly blissful experience that is going to give you many, many hours of unique sensation by reproducing music in a way that you couldn’t imagine before. It will take away stress after a long day, and if you incorporate music listening into your daily routine, you will be a happier person. Buy from these guys! Buy from someone that treats clients with respect and cares about them these guys will have you covered. They will be there for you when the need arises.

Thank you Audeze, you made my year!

24 Likes

Thanks for much for sharing and welcome to the community! Audeze customer service is second to none.

Welcome to the Headphone community!

I have daily driven the LCD-5 for the past 9 months and it’s entered the pantheon of headphones you’ll have to bury me with (HD660s are also in that group). And I’m very happy to hear that Audeze is a standup company and were able to help you out. I hope your life is recovering as well as it can after Ian.

1 Like