BGVP Studio Products

download

This is the place to discuss the up and coming BGVP brand of IEM products.

BGVP, a low-key and evolving product in the fast-paced earphone market, is aiming at finding attractive bass, midrange and treble performing earphones. After thoroughly understanding different brands of earphones and combining with the comprehension of acoustics for more than 20 years, BGVP has made a product which can control various music style, show outstanding omnivorous performance and its own characteristics, and then pass it on to every BGVP owner and user.

BGVP DM7

4 Likes

List of Reviews/Impressions of BGVP Products from this forum:

BGVP DMG

BGVP DM6

BGVP DM7

BGVP DMS

BGVP Art Magic

None

4 Likes

Great job to on tidying up all the Iem threads Anthony. :+1:

1 Like

Hey Guys,

So I’ve been doing a bit of research on BGVP and there isn’t much information out there, that I can find anyhow. I know they are a Chinese company, but that is really all I can find apart from the poorly translated generic “about” section on the companies facebook page. These particular DMS were sent to me by Linsoul Audio for the purpose of review. I Think Linsoul and Penon audio are your best bets for getting your hands on a pair of these if they pique your interest.

As I said in my original quick impressions of the DMS, more and more, I’m finding that I don’t have a set in stone preference in terms of sound signature. The only thing that seems consistent is that I enjoy a healthy bass response, but even that seems to have been toned down lately. Why? I’m not really sure. I’m not strictly looking for neutral, or v shaped, or w shaped etc….I just listen to various gear and try to find stuff I enjoy the sound of, which is the best any of us can do, I suppose.

Anyhow, the BGVP DMS is actually a bit more expensive than I would usually recommend for a “budget” pair of IEMs, retailing at $169USD. Though I didn’t personally purchase this pair and was sent it for the purpose of review (thanks again, Linsoul) something like the Tin Hifi T2 at $50USD is more what I have in mind for a “budget” pair of IEMs. So with that being said, these have to do more than just “not suck” they actually have to be listenable and do something more than “let me enjoy a couple tunes.” Do they do this? Actually, yes, they do. I was surprised. I was expecting a generic overly bassy and bright sound signature, but the DMS are a bit more nuanced and mature sounding than expected.

The DMS arrive in a nice little box, with more accessories than I expected for the price. Now that is not to say it is outright premium feeling, but it more than does the job. You get S/M/L/ of what look like Spinfit knock off tips, S/M/L of some sort of wide bore single flange, and S/M/L/ of standard single flange silicon tips. The cable does the job, nothing more, nothing less. I do have one gripe here, and it is the MMCX connectors seem almost…soft? I haven’t had any loose connections yet but they just don’t lock in nicely like some others I have used in the past.

Now, on to how the DMS sound.

BASS: The bass is definitely north of neutral, and a bit bloated sounding at time. However, for the music I tend to listen to (electronica, rock, jazz) this bass actually works out quite well. I really don’t enjoy bass light, lean signatures, so the north of neutral nature of the DMS works for me and my ears. I can see these being a great earphone for someone who enjoys electronica and is looking for something around the $150USD price mark.

MIDS: The mids are a bit recessed sounding to my ears, making these a slightly v shaped earphone. The mids are super thick and warm, and if you tend to favour acoustic music, you might be better off looking at other models of earphones.

TREBLE: The treble isn’t as elevated as I thought it would be. A typical V shape “Chi-Fi” IEM, at least the ones I have run into in the past have been a case of BASS, mids, TREBLE!!! Anyhow, not so here. There is a little bit of sparkle to the treble, but it is not over done and is actually fairly pleasant with the right types of music. Sibilance hasn’t been a marked problem so far, but I have winced once or twice with a loud crash cymbal. All in all, not too bad, but not the most refined treble I have heard.

The technical side of the DMS is where they show their MSRP a little bit more, and I don’t usually correlate price with performance. Everything is just sort of…average? Average soundstage, average detail, average imaging. Nothing is jumping out, grabbing me, and making me go…”….wow!” Now, that isn’t necessarily a bad thing! Sometimes you need a piece of gear that doesn’t make you go “….wow!” But just does the job well all around. This is what the DMS does. For the MSRP, they don’t have any technical skills that wow you, but they present the music well, and that is really what you are looking for at this level. If these cost $2000USD, I’d be singing a different tune.

Comfort with the DMS is 75% great for my ears. My left ear finds them VERY comfortable, the right side? Not so much. Its workable, and certainly isn’t causing pain, it just isn’t as comfortable as the left hand side. I guess I have weird ears.

All in all, I’m happy with the BGVP DMS. They aren’t blowing me away for the MSRP, they aren’t “giant killers,” but they have a pleasing tone that works well for the music I tend to listen to. Would I spend $160USD on the DMS if I was in the market for a pair of earphones around that price range?I think I would. Now, BGVP has released the “ArtMagicV12” for $1,299 and I’m a bit more skeptical of that one, but I would love to hear what BGVP can come up with less budget constraints.

If you need an IEM under $200, enjoy a slight V shape sound signature, these are worth consideration I think. They may not be the last word in technicalities, but they have a pleasing tuning, and do their job well, with a decent set of accessories. For $160USD, you are up and running with a great sounding pair of earphones, and can slowly figure out your sound preferences from there on out, and move up the price ladder if you feel like it. As it stands, the DMS might be all you need :slight_smile:

3 Likes

should have posted this on the all new BGVP thread :slight_smile: I’ll add a link to it there :smiley:

Nice review! I really like this one as you already know

1 Like

Moved it for you …

2 Likes

Hey Guys,

I received the BGVP DMS as a review sample a few months ago and really enjoyed reviewing them. Their sound signature was v shaped ish and lots of fun to listen to. Curiosity got the better of me, and I really wanted to see what BGVP could do with less budget constraints, as I felt they had potential in terms of tuning IEMs. I ended up purchasing a pair of their top of the line model, the “Art Magic V12.” No review units were available as loaners, so I took the dive. I was on the hunt for a pair of higher end IEMs regardless, so it just sort of worked out.

They released the “Art Magic V12” a few months ago, and at $1299USD, it sure isn’t cheap, especially coming from a company that most people associate with more budget oriented gear. I was really, really, worried it would be a case of jam a bunch of drivers in a shell, hope for the best, and charge a lot for it. Thankfully, that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Comfort is great so far, but I will report back about this in my full review.

Sound: Less V shaped than the DMS, more neutral (at least to my ears) with a completely new level of detail, and soundstage width/depth. The tuning doesn’t sound wonky, or seem to have any hardcore peaks or suckouts at any particular frequency. I do prefer a bit more bass than these provide in the stock tuning. One thing I should note is that the V12’s have two dip switches, to increase the bass, or mid/highs. I haven’t played with these yet, but will report back in my full review.

One thing I have noticed so far is that they sound much less rough, and raspy than the DMS. It is a smoother sound.

Compared to some of the items I have owned in the past, these stand up very well to the competition (so far.) Including the Tia Fourte, which costs a lot more. Very different sounding earphones, but it shows that the V12’s aren’t a slouch when it comes to technicalities and sonic proficiency.

Now, I’m not saying these are great value. They aren’t. They still cost $1299USD, which is a lot of money for a pair of earphones, especially with more and more competition coming out of Asia in the lower price segments.

Any questions, ask away :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I am super interested in how these sound. I’m glad there’s another voice for these as I have only seen one review and that also happens to be the only impression of this IEM that I was able to find on the internet. Is the treble any peaky or bright at all? I just remember that was one of the major differences in the measurements between the VX and the Art Magic.

Anyway, I am looking forward to hearing more about how you like these! Love to see how these stack up against the big boys (Z1R, VX, i4, U12t, etc).

4 Likes

Also interested in hearing your thoughts! Take your time and enjoy

2 Likes

I have no where to get my ears on a pair of Z1R or VX, but I do remember the U18t not being for me personally, whilst I am enjoying these.

They are not as good as the i4’s all round pretty much, but are more in your face and immediate sounding. However, thats a pretty far out comparison. The i4’s are sort of their own animal. These are no slouch so far, IMO.

U12t its been so long I can’t really remember/shouldn’t compare.

I’ll try to get my ears on a pair of Solaris and compare the two as well.

2 Likes

Will report back! :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is this upcoming meet up on this forum that may see Z1Rs and VX present… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m going to be away in Scotland :frowning: Otherwise I was thinking of taking the trip down to Seattle as I missed the Van meet. Such a bummer.

Oh sorry the Treble, its brighter than dead neutral I think, but not Fourte bright (so far, if my memory is correct.) It isn’t annoying me or setting off my tinnitus or anything :+1:

2 Likes

Hi @ufospls2, do you a follow-up for the Artmagic V12? Very interested, because they’re available on Massdrop right now !