BLON - Official Brand Thread

So i found out how to remove the pads and got a look at the driver and spiffy looking grill. Thing is Blon or Cooyin built this thing so you would never be able to remove the pads. So DONT try to remove the pad the way you do other headphones. you’ll just end up tearing it. I hear the XL Brainwaves pads will fit. Heres how i did it. you’ll need some tools and very strong fingers. Before you start, the tip of the bar that connects them to the headband screws off and you can remove them from the headband. you may want to do that as theres a lot of fiddling that needs to be done.

first you’ll have to cut a slit in the filter inside the pads. i just cut mine completely off. But it stretches pretty good so you just need a slit. Inside there will be 3 screws:

You’ll need a Alan screw driver. just loosen them up. you wont be able to remove them cause of the bolts on the other side. Next use a hook or pry tool to remove the outer grill. it snaps on and off so its no problem.

thumbnail_20201204_091119sa

you’ll see 3 bolts inside:

You can unscrew these by hand. Now separate the grill from the cup. you’ll see the pads are held in place by the screws. theres no pulling this thing off without disassemble:

Pull them out of the screws but its not over. the pads are also attached by the stickiest tape i have ever seen. your gonna need to pull the pads off. gonna require a lot of finger strength but i was able to do it and the pad did not tear. so dont worry.:

I removed the tape from the metal. i didnt see anyway to get the pads back on or any pads with it still on, its VERY sticky. I dont know why Blon did this. Pads wear out. They get dirty. People want to try different pads to see how the sound changes. Whoever designed this did NOT want them removed. weird.

Getting a look at it the driver is massive. much bigger than i thought. we’ve all had 50mm drivers which are most common on our dynamic headphone drivers. how much more a difference would 20mm make? well a LOT. i was surprised how big they are and that big driver sound is no longer a mystery.

4 Likes