Brick & Mortar Audio Stores

They also have (or had) a very large number of young and cheap employees that have no idea what they are doing a lot of the time.

Used products marked as new, misspriced, wrong model or manufacturer on tags (when the headstock clearly shows different) etc.

They have literally been listed on the verge of bankruptcy since I started playing bass.

5 Likes

Indeed. Young and cheap musicians work there. Fill in the blanks.

Their sloppiness and ignorance can work either in your favor or against you. I bought one guitar from Guitar Center online at what seemed to be a fantastic price (like new, unsold prior year model). It arrived with numerous setup issues so I had to take it to local luthier for a $75 job. I came out “okay,” but recommend new in box or touching used if possible. I now want lots of big pictures to examine.

3 Likes

Sold as new. Was on the display wall. They even put new strings on it before we took it home. No signs of being used, but it wouldn’t surprise me that they’d goofed it up.

Back on topic, I do like being able to try out a set of headphones and be able to pick up one new in box from a stack of them.

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes

I purchased my Dan Clark Ether2s there a couple of years ago. Dan Clark made an appearance as well.

I was fully aware of his being in South Florida when I posted.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it was grasshopper… :slightly_smiling_face: I loved that show, bought the dvd set recently, hadn’t seen it since I was much younger. It made a big impression at the time :+1:

1 Like

Yes, Kung Fu was certainly of its time. Bruce Lee actually auditioned for the lead role, but Warner Brothers decided they needed a white actor to play an Asian man.

1 Like

You are probably right. I might be remembering a parody. Possibly Kung Pow. There was Mad Magazine’s Kung Fool, but in that they called him “Mosquito”.

1 Like

I know I’m super late and also a last minute announcement, but the Florida Audio Show is going on this weekend starting today until Sunday. It is taking place in Tampa, not sure how headphone centric this event maybe. Possibly not at all, but it’s only 15 to get in

Just thought about this lol

3 Likes

damn, missed it by only about 2 years

1 Like

Hey man they’re a few shows coming up. But for the Florida one it’s in February.

I’ve been to nearly every major show since, not much changing honestly. Seems like it’s probably great to attend every 3 years or so.