Interest Check for a meet in the Pittsburgh (USA) area

I was wondering if any body was interested in a local meet in the Pittsburgh area?

Bevan

What about State College? It’s centrally located for all of PA.

1 Like

hey yooo, a yinzer meetup! I’d be down, I’m in South Park.

Hi, I have some interest from Ohio, so I’m thinking Pittsburgh probably works best. People out east have more options that would be closer. I also have a venue lined up just north of Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh Headphone Meet.

Date: 22nd October

Time: 11am to 3pm

Location: Stereo Stereo, Warrendale PA, about 20 minutes north of downtown Pittsburgh, easily accessible from I-79 and I-76.

My name is Bevan Court and I am setting up a headphone meet here in the Pittsburgh area. I have been interested in the hobby for many years, and really found headphones 5 or 6 years back. I have also written reviews for TNT-Audio for a few years for both 2 channel and headphones.

Michael Klein, the owner of Stereo Stereo, has graciously said that we can use his store for the meet.

Michael has been in the business for many years and is very passionate about Hi-Fi. He also carries some really nice headphones and equipment, being a dealer for Grado, Focal, Audeze, iFi, Rupert Neve, SPL, Bluesound and DCS.

In addition to the items that Michael has (and yes, that includes the Bartok with the headphone stage), I can also add:

Headphones:

• Hifiman Sundara
  • Sennheiser HD6XX
  • Beyerdynamic DT177X GO

Amplifiers:

• Schiit Magni 3+
  • Schiit Valhalla 2
  • Schiit Jotunheim 2

DACs:

• Schiit Modius
  • Schiit Bifrost 2 DAC with the newly updated 2/64 board.

There is no charge for the meet, drinks and snacks will be provided and all are welcome.

Michael also runs Roon throughout his store and has multiple endpoints, so we can spread out and enjoy listening. If you are coming, please send me a message, along with your name and a playlist that you would like to listen to. We will then get these added to his Roon setup (as long as they are on Qobuz or Tidal).

If streaming isn’t your thing, Michael has CD players and even turntables for the analog amongst us.

Do you have a headphones, headphone amp or DAC that you want to bring along? Feel free, just make sure to bring the cables!

If you have questions please send me a PM.

2 Likes