Campfire Audio Solaris in-ear Headphones - Official Thread

Yea same for me, I hated how big they were, they hurt. I tilt them up a bit so the body is more vertical.

Let me know how you like the spinfits, if you try them out that is.

Ahh nice to see this! I was offered the LX for my Solaris somewhere else. Turned it down but I am seeking a bassy/fun IEM. Maybe the Atlas fits the bill?

I tried both Final E and Spinfits. For full detail retrieval, imho, I think the AZLA Earfit tips do an amazing job! They are quite opposite to the Final tips as in they are wide bores in contrast to the narrow bore of the E-type tups.

Are you seeking a bassy/fun IEM to replace Solaris or to complement it?

The latter i.e. to complement it. Not willing to give it up at this point of time. It’s quite possibly the best IEM I have (saying “one of” cause I’m not discounting the 300-1K range). haha.

Oh ok well on that note, give that you’re not looking for something as extravagant as the LX then the Atlas is an excellent choice…especially given that it’s heavily discounted at the moment.

1 Like

Yeah, you are spot on. I’ve been eyeballing it for a while now. As for LX, I have a like-minded friend from from the EU who sold his LX within a week feeling it’s just too dark for his taste. He usually plays in the TOTL realm. I trust his ears.

To my ears the LX has way more detail and more separation. I think the LX is an over all better IEM for its technical ability.

The Solaris has a better treble extension, sound stage and imaging.

The LX (if you can afford it) is the one out of the two that would be my recommendation. I currently tamed the bass down with wide bore spinfits on both IEMs.

Currently the Solaris seems to lack something, IDK if its my ears or I should send it in to be checked. When I switch between the two IEMs, I go “Wow there’s the detail”.

1 Like

I would take the opposite perspective. I’ve had the two on hand for the better part of a month now and the LX, while definitely winning the day in terms of its robust low end, trails behind Solaris in every other respect imho-- including detail, stage, separation, mids and imaging. Solaris is much more immersive and engaging across the board and the LX, while amazing with the right tracks, often has an overwhelming level of bass and can be a bit too dark. I still love it for what it brings to the table but if I had to pick one it would unequivocally be the Solaris.

I find the detail to be less forward (if thats the right word) on the Solaris. I can hear the detail a lot less on my Solaris compared to my LX.

I feel like the LX outlines every detail, where the Solaris does a good job at playing the correct sound in the correct place at the correct time. Solaris also has this cool echo thing going on.

Can I ask what tips you were using at that time?

I use Azla Sednas…they’re wide bore tips. LX and Solaris are interesting in how they do staging. With the LX it’s like I’m sitting in the audience and everything is coming towards me. With the Solaris it’s like I’m sitting at the centre of the stage and am surrounded on all sides by the sound. That said I’m not hearing an improvement in detail on the LX…if anything it feels like I’m losing some due to all the low end. It is very resolving though and it’s the best in that regard of any v-shaped IEM I’ve heard, including the IER Z1R. Can you give me an example of a track to compare and what to listen to so I can get a sense of what you mean?

2 Likes

How is the bass on the Azla Sednas tips?

Is it more comparable to spinfits or Foam tips?

I can see that, the lower freq are prominent, they could drain out the mid range for some people.

Do I have a track on Tidel where you are hearing this? I am interested in seeing if I could pick this up.

I can’t really say as I’ve never had luck with Spinfits or foam tips. I prefer wide bore tips as a rule and I don’t notice much of a difference in sound between tips so long as I can get a good seal. I don’t use Tidal…I was wondering if you could recommend me a track where the LX out does Solaris in terms of detail and give me something to listen for.

What tips do you use with LX? I just got a great deal on a pair. Soon, hopefully I can post a comparison. :slight_smile: Solaris is extremely good of an IEM but it never immersed me and don’t call me crazy but I had a more fun time with the Andros.

1 Like

Sedna tips are amazing. I put those on all of my IEMs.

1 Like

What type of music are you into? I will pick a decently mastered Pop song, Arinna Granda has good mastering compared to others. Also, Kendric Lamar does as well.

Also, I just picked up the Sedna’s off amazon, they should be here today.

Has anyone paired the Solaris with the Fiio M15 yet?

Wow crazy. I, on the other hand, could never get into Andros. I find Solaris to be one of the more immersive IEMs I’ve heard, largely to do with how it handles staging. YMMV, and all that though. Congrats on the LX (were you the one who snapped up that pair on Head Fi last night that were sold in less than an hour?)…it’s my favorite IEM right now behind Solaris.

1 Like

I listen to a wide variety…what’s a good song by Arianna Grande? What source do you use by the way? I recently picked up an E01 module for my n6ii and it’s been a revelation.

1 Like

Typically, I listen to my RME-ADI2 with the 789 or just the RME-ADI2.

I also use my THX M11pro on the go for the Solaris.

Everything else I have is way over powered for the solaris. I thought my ENOG 2.5 would work, but that even has to way to high of a gain.

Typically I used Tidel, but I got some FLAC’s 24/192 of her album “thank you next”.

The first song on the album has good detail I think. Its called “imagine”

1 Like