Campfire Audio Solaris in-ear Headphones - Official Thread

Haha it’s all good. No worries.

1 Like

I hadn’t had a chance to listen to my Solaris for about a month until yesterday, and I am always surprised how cohesive and spacious they sound when I come back to them. I listened to a new classical piano recording on Qobuz - one can really hear the micro-resonances of the piano strings, the attack and decay of each note, the sense of the space, and even the sound of the sustain pedal fluttering. An awesome experience.

Of course, as good as they are, I always get that sense of curiosity that causes me to go consider another insanely expensive IEM purchase. I’m going to get that Verite C or Stellia first, though!

2 Likes

That “sense of curiosity” you get is the driving force of this hobby :slight_smile: I love my Solaris SE-- I’ve spent much of the past year going through all sorts of high end IEMs and there isn’t anything else out there quite like it in my experience.

2 Likes

Ahhh this ever present curiosity is the bane of my life. And having followed your journey closely I really want to try the Solaris very badly. I am sure I would love it. I love my Andromeda’s but that extra bit that the Solaris seems to have has intrigued me.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m currently having a Campfire Audio Solaris with iFi iDSD Micro Black Label, do anyone ever tried with this combo? If so, what’s your impressions or thinking about this? Is it matching your expectation with this combo? If not, what combo did you guys use? Would be better if you guys replace the Micro BL with another DAC.

3 Likes

I like this combo, although I don’t use it very often. I just always have to remind myself to be absolutely sure to properly set the mode and gain before feeding them (particularly because I sometimes use the iFi in line out mode).

I mostly use the Solaris with my iBasso DAP or with an iPad/Chord Mojo combo.

Edit: I should clarify that I am not necessarily saying the combos I use have better sound quality, just that they are more in line with my listening habits. My iFi is at my desk, and I find that the Solaris are a bit cumbersome there due to cord length, so I use them in more portable, on the go applications.

3 Likes

For some reason, I tried to use the Mojo before BL, but because the noise I hear when I plug the Solaris in the Mojo is noticeable and kinda annoying, that’s why I switched to BL. Do you experience the same thing?

I used that exact combo at work before selling my Solaris and it did the job well ! At home, I pair my micro BL with the Topping D50s, which should be a little bit more “reference” sounding. That could be a solution is you want a more neutral sound.

1 Like

Great review of one of the best universals on the market right now.

2 Likes

which cable are you using here?

1 Like