Cavalli Audio - Official Thread

That thing is “fire” :wink: seriously cool looking amp!

3 Likes

Anyone know where to get some 6S4A tubes for my Cavalli Liquid Lightning 2T ?

Woow, this one had a really short life span. There is no doubt the AKM fire played a major role in their decision. I’d be keen to know what was the other (big) reason(s), if any?

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=38965

PS.: I’m aware it’s not really Cavalli Audio, but the man himself designed this one.

1 Like

I wonder if it might just have something to do with the product’s life cycle.

The Massdrop/Drop Cavalli Tube Hybrid has been out of stock since November, and in the weeks before the last units were sold, Drop had the amps on a significant sale discount - in retrospect this may have indicated that they were selling off what was left of their inventory, and Drop may have figured that sales had dropped to the point where it was better to discontinue production.

It’s a shame but the MCTH had been on the market for more than 2 1/2 years. I wonder how long DACs and amps - and headphones - can be sold before customers move on to newer and brighter and shinier alternatives.

1 Like

It’ll be because it uses an AK chip, and they are getting too hard to source for lower priced components, since the fire.

1 Like

Right, I get that but it doesn’t explain the MCTH, does it?

MCTH – perhaps dropped due to too much competition. It came out at $250, while there are many similar or better amps available for $100 to $150 today. The high quality chassis likely upped its production costs. Its large size with the single protruding tube limited stacking and desktop placement options.

This may also explain why the Liquid Carbon X seems to have been discontinued, as well.

Yeah, in the absence of a viable DAC to replace the controversy that was the Airist DAC, the stacking options all but disappeared.

1 Like