Schiit Vali 3

So, the Schiit Vali 3 was recently released and it’s getting quite a lot of hype on the Schiit Happened thread over on Head-Fi.

For those that want the story, this is the link to the chapter:

For those that just want the website Schiit Audio: Audio Products Designed and Built in Texas and California

What is it? A tube hybrid amp with 100V rails and that works with 6N3P tubes, allowing you to tube roll 5670, 2C51, ECC42, CV4013 and even the WE396A.

For $149 in black, $159 in silver, its an inexpensive way to start playing with tubes.

It also sounds amazing with a $25 GE5670W tube in it. I’ve found that it’s a great match for Focal Elex and Hifiman Arya Stealth. And it sounds amazing with the HE6SEV2. I’m surprised it drives them, but it’s a really good match.

The real icing on the cake is that it has real punch in the bass, whilst keeping sweet mids and detailed treble.

2 Likes

Thanks for that information.

How “tubey” is the sound from the Vali 3? I know it’s not a pure OTL tube amp, but does it at least impart some of that gooey thickness to high-impedance cans like the 6X0 family and ZMFs?

I’d say that, with it’s low output impedance, this is better suited to low impedance headphones. I found that my HD6XX still sounds better on the Valhalla 2.

2 Likes

Appreciate that input! :slight_smile:

A 1955 WE396A arrived today. Sounds fabulous.

1 Like