The N30LE is one of Cayin’s 30th anniversary releases. It is a flagship, (very) limited edition, Digital Audio Player (DAP), with an extremely high-end specification and a dizzying array of features and options.
Two versions, and packages, of the N30LE exist, both ensconced in a very pretty, and solid-feeling, Titanium shell. The first is just the N30LE DAP itself (300 units, worldwide). The second, is a specially tuned version of the N30LE in combination with the Unique Melody Amber Pearl IEM (currently only available as part of this package, and limited to 99 units worldwide).
It combines unique, discrete, Class A and AB amplification options, in solid-state and KORG NuTube modes, with two tube timbres - “Classic” (SET-like, and very reminiscent of the original NuTube DAP, the Cayin N8, one of my all-time favorites) and a “Modern” setting which is closer to the N8ii or C9 (but somehow superior to both).
All these timbre options apply to the dedicated line-out connections, as well.
That’s paired with (pre-fire) AKM 4499EQ DACs (the very limited availability of which is part of the limited edition nature of the N30LE) in dual-mono balanced mode.
That’s all packaged up in a large, dense, but stylish chassis, and running on an octo-core SoC, 8GB of RAM, and as current a version (12) of Android (fully Google Play enabled) as you’ll find on a DAP - and equipped with full bypass of Androids ASRC for ALL players/clients.
Three gain settings, two power modes, and a “Hyper” mode, which pushes the Class A and Power Settings to the limits, with optimized class A biasing, round out the options.
Bluetooth source/receiver modes, USB-C and I2S input, built-in EQ (Cayin player) … for all relevant CODECs and formats are available.
Really … there is so much here it’s easier to just read the linked product page (above), and the feature/option highlights (below).
Too much to cover in an intro post … especially with a product, and company, that is really pushing the limits of innovation and creativity with such an offering, so use this thread as the place to discuss and explore this innovative, imposing, celebratory flagship DAP.
Feature/Build Highlights per Cayin
Feature/Build Highlights per Cayin:
- Dual AK4499EQ, discontinued flagship 32-bit DAC chipset, mono mode, paralleled current outputs
- Decode PCM up to 32bit/768kHz, DSD up to 1 Bit/22.6MHz (DSD512)
- Solid 2x2 current to voltage I-V converter network as low noise high current output stage of AK4499EQ DACs.
- Two extremely low-noise Femtosecond Crystal Oscillators to ensure high precision low jitter digital playback.
- Comprehensive digital interface option: I2S (mini HDMI), USB Audio Input/output (USB-C), and S/PDIF Coaxial (Embedded USB-C)
Analog Amplification and Connectivity
- Balanced tube amplification with matched paired KORG Nutube 6P1
- Fully-discrete fully-balanced NPN/PNP Push-pull headphone amplifier supports dedicated 3.5mm single-ended and 4.4mm balanced phone output
- Triple Timber (Nutube Classic, Nutube Modern, Solid-state) from Gen3 vacuum tube audio circuit
- Dual Amplifier Mode (Choice of Class A/Class AB)
- Dual Output Mode: P (Standard) and P+ (High Power) mode
- Hyper Mode: Combing Class A, P+, and numerous operation adjustments to deliver ultimate performance
- Highly linear volume control through a pair of low noise, low distortion resistance ladder-based MUSES72320 stereo electronic volume
- Desktop grade 3.5mm single-ended (2.1V, 1.6V, 1.0V) and 4.4mm balanced (4.2V, 3.2V, 2.0V) selectable output level Line Out
- 3.5mm single-ended and 4.4mm balanced Preamp output
- 470mF/5.5V ELDC (Electric Double-Layer Capacitor) ultra-capacitor as power reserve in the main power supply system.
- Compartmented CNC Aluminum frame to improve heat dispersion, reduce internal interference and minimize vacuum tube microphonic
- CNC machines TC21 Titanium alloy steel chassis for lightweight and robustness
- Snapdragon 665 CPU with 8G DDR4 RAM running customized Android 12 with Google Player preinstalled
- Storage capacity: 256 GB internal memory, one microSD card up to 1TB
- DTA bypasses Android SRC, Hi-Res playback, and streaming to all applications
- Multi-color smart glowing sampling rate indicator integrated below the gold-plated brass Volume control knob.
- 6.0” 1080x2160 FHD+ Incell screen support double tap to wake and gestures
- 12570mAh (3.8V, 48Wh) high-capacity polymer lithium-ion battery, support PD2.0 fast charging technology
- 156mm x 89mm x 25mm, ~650g